forysth co

Status
Not open for further replies.

redandblue

Forsyth County EMS, Forsyth County Fire, Winston Salem Police, Winston Salem Fire, and the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office are all dispatched off of the Winston Salem/Forsyth County digital trunked radio system.

redandblue

Yes the only patch is Forsyth County Fire Dispatch. I believe the reason for that is because all of the volunteer stations still use the pagers for dispatch.

demonboy447

winston-salem scanners

does anyone know how much a used scanner would go for, i want to scan winton-salem police channels

redandblue

You can find the Pro-96 on Ebay for somewhere around 350, and the BC296D for around 300. Radio Shack did have the Pro-96 on sale for 399.00.

SEBMSVFD

I am a Newbie!

A couple of questions...

Who are those scanners made by? I am very interested in buying a scanner to listen to Winston-Salem City Fire.

How would I go about obtaining the codes to put in the radio?

Thanks!

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
As mentioned above, the Radio Shack Pro 96 would be a great choice for Winston-Salem & Forsyth County. GRE, which makes the Pro 96 for Radio Shack, also has the PSR 500. Then Uniden has the older BC296D and the current BCD396T. I myself use a BC296D and receive the W-S/Forsyth TRS great when in the area.

SEBMSVFD

Will this work?

I found a Pro-2052 1000 channel dual trunking programmalbe home police scanner. Says it Covers 30-1300 MHz. Will this work? I also have found a Pro-93 Dual Trunking Scanner....I dont know which one to buy if any.....

Last edited:

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
The Pro 2052 will not decode digital signals. The Pro 93 does not decode digital. You need a scanner capable of receiving/decoding digital signals for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County.

My previous post listed all the current/not too out of date handhelds for digital trunktracking scanning. Desktop/mobile units in the same category include: Radio Shack Pro 2096, GRE PSR 600, Uniden BC796D, Uniden BCD996T.

Keep in mind one rule of thumb in looking for a new digital capable scanner: generally you won't find one for less than $500 (excepting Radio Shack's occasional sale on the Pro 96 or Pro 2096). Redandblue gave a good price guide on some used models in his post above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.