37648 on MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
37648 on MARCS - Gahanna PD

Gahanna is a suburb of Columbus. Don't know if this is a permanent change or a temporary test operation. Gahanna PD, along with Reynoldsburg PD and Whitehall PD, are the last holdouts using UHF in the Columbus area.

FPO703

Someone on the Ohio_MARCS Yahoo group said that they only used MARCS for one day and weren't happy about the coverage or something like that.

Slawterr

Well its March 31st and their UHF freq has been quiet for at least two days. Looks like its time for me to finally pickup a digital trunking scanner. :)

wdz

Feed Provider
Slawterr said:
Well its March 31st and their UHF freq has been quiet for at least two days. Looks like its time for me to finally pickup a digital trunking scanner. :)

Agreed. I heard a little bit of traffic on UHF the 30th but not much. The worst part of it is, I just sold my BC796D about two months ago because I never listened to anything digital. D'oh!

wdz

Feed Provider
Well, scratch that. I've been getting some traffic on UHF since about 1100 on the 2nd. Maybe they are still testing?

jds911

They will be testing for the next week or so then making a decision as to whether or not they will switch to MARCS full time.

DualReverse

Premium Subscriber
jds911 said:
They will be testing for the next week or so then making a decision as to whether or not they will switch to MARCS full time.

Beat me to it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.