P.500 To Bin.file

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinhead

Can any one tell me how to change lets say a DST080419.P500.file. TO a BIN.FILE so i can use my software that came with my psr600. thank you. simple steps .please. EARL.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Open up Windows Explorer, navigate to where you have the file saved.
Right click on the file, click on "Rename" and rename it with the .bin
file extension. Works like a charm.

pinhead

.bin

Ok mark i did every thing you said i get to rename an click on it an the file lights up blue.like its waiting for me to do . now what.dst080419 is lite up. now what. iam using vista.iam missing something.Idid what you said.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I don't use Vista (nor would I). I'm not aware of how Vista does things different from XP.
You may need someone familiar with Vista. All I know is you can rename the file with
the .bin extension instead of .p500 and it works fine.

pinhead

Hello folks can sume one please help me change a p500 file to a bin file. i try to change it to a bin file an it won't change. iam running vista. i have followed marks steps .when i go to type check bin file it doe's not change. thank you.

mikey60

pinhead said:
Can any one tell me how to change lets say a DST080419.P500.file. TO a BIN.FILE so i can use my software that came with my psr600. thank you. simple steps .please. EARL.

You can change the extension, as people are telling you to do, however the actual format of the p500 file is not the same as the bin file. To convert the p500 to a bin file correctly would require the use of the Win500 program from http://www.starrsoft.com

Mike

pinhead

bin file.

Ok thank you i will just keep useing the old file DST.080205....I do not have win 500. Ijust have the software that came with the.PSR600. Thank's again.every one.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
pinhead said:
Ok thank you i will just keep useing the old file DST.080205....I do not have win 500. Ijust have the software that came with the.PSR600. Thank's again.every one.
DL Win500 and export the file to bin format.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
pinhead said:

You can download and fully use Win500 free for 30 days, after that it is $35 and worth every penny.

http://www.starrsoft.com

pinhead

bin file.

Hello mark i can't get the trial win500 .reason i aleady tried it when i had my PSR500 handheld so i was wondering if you could email me the bin file.or some good hearted person.. e mail it to me in the form of a bin file. DST.080419 The newest file. to birdman7@fuse.net. Iwould be very grateful.thank you. If there is an other way to turn it in to a bin file i can't do it. iam not that hot with computers.or my typing skills.

penasco98

Hello folks can sume one please help me change a p500 file to a bin file. i try to change it to a bin file an it won't change. iam running vista. i have followed marks steps .when i go to type check bin file it doe's not change. thank you.
Im trying to change the download from myPremiun suscribed info to p500, i tired resaving from xml ---> to.. p500 but no success yet,.. anyone help me?
maybe if i try to use BIN format??

i using XP with win500 don starr trial program....

also the guy above here truned blue?
just click on a blanl spot on the page so it turn back to normal then try the advice ...

I use Vista sometimes but prefer XP,.... Vista is way to finicay for me... but i have to use it at work... over and out

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Im trying to change the download from myPremiun suscribed info to p500, i tired resaving from xml ---> to.. p500 but no success yet,.. anyone help me?
maybe if i try to use BIN format??

i using XP with win500 don starr trial program....

If you did a "Web Import" in Win500 to build a file, just click File>Save As under the Menu drop down and save it as a .p500 file.
That will save your downloaded info as a .p500 file.

Status
Not open for further replies.