RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Ohio Radio Discussion Forum

Ohio Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Ohio.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 2:19 AM
Forums Moderator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default 154.250 MHz, Skip

Currently, there is a nice opening on VHF-High Band. I am hearing a fire dispatch on 154.250 MHz, that is very active with a PL tone of 118.8 Hz. I have heard them mention State Route 546, with a possible barn fire. Also, they are talking to "Washington" units responding on a medical call.

I am thinking that this might be Richland County 9-1-1, but the PL tones don't match up. Also, whomever I am hearing, does have a repeater, so I can hear both sides of the radio transmissions. Can anyone enlighten me as to who I might be hearing?

73s

Ron

Old 08-12-2008, 2:37 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I would guess Richland County. Everything but the PL matches up. They have a State Route 546 and a Washington Township FD.

Edit: I just checked an archive of Richland County, and a department had a run to 4688 State Route 546 on a possible heart at 2:54. Washington Township had a rollover shortly before that.

Last edited by ibagli; 08-12-2008 at 2:46 AM..
Old 08-12-2008, 8:26 AM
Technischer Guru
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Currently, there is a nice opening on VHF-High Band. I am hearing a fire dispatch on 154.250 MHz, that is very active with a PL tone of 118.8 Hz. I have heard them mention State Route 546, with a possible barn fire. Also, they are talking to "Washington" units responding on a medical call.

I am thinking that this might be Richland County 9-1-1, but the PL tones don't match up. Also, whomever I am hearing, does have a repeater, so I can hear both sides of the radio transmissions. Can anyone enlighten me as to who I might be hearing?
That was the alternate transmitter for Richland County, accessed via an RF link with a PL of 118.8 Hz. It didn't "officially" rebroadcast the tone (it's just passing the tone from the input). Would have made more sense to have the thing transmit the standard county PL of 103.5 Hz.

However, it appears as though they have upgraded the system since the last time I was up that way (late last year). And they just sent a notification to the FCC so it's very new. I'll contact a friend who works for a radio shop up there to see if he can give me some info...
www.wa8pyr.info
If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.

Last edited by wa8pyr; 08-12-2008 at 8:38 AM.. Reason: Updated info
Old 08-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Forums Moderator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8pyr View Post
However, it appears as though they have upgraded the system since the last time I was up that way (late last year). And they just sent a notification to the FCC so it's very new. I'll contact a friend who works for a radio shop up there to see if he can give me some info...
I had a feeling that it was Richland County, when they mentioned State Route 546. Likewise, Washington Twp. did respond to a rollover accident. Nonetheless, their backup repeater does transmit a PL tone of 118.8 Hz. Whenever the transmitter was keyed up, with both sides talking, the tone was always keeping my radio open.

At first, I thought that it was Defiance County, as they have a Washington Twp. FD. However, the run that was dispatched on State Route 546 gave it away. Conversely, Defiance County uses 110.9 Hz for a PL tone, which didn't make sense, but I thought at first they might have changed to 118.8 Hz, so they would not hear Williams County, which borders their county to the north. However, the more I listened, the action was much farther to the east.

73s

Ron
Old 08-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Technischer Guru
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
I had a feeling that it was Richland County, when they mentioned State Route 546. Likewise, Washington Twp. did respond to a rollover accident. Nonetheless, their backup repeater does transmit a PL tone of 118.8 Hz. Whenever the transmitter was keyed up, with both sides talking, the tone was always keeping my radio open.
Just got confirmation... Richland County just put a new radio system in service. Three site simulcast, six voted receive sites, output PL 118.8 and different input PL.
www.wa8pyr.info
If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Sponsored links