Delaware County System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajpritch

For those of you not aware the City of Dublin and Worthington will be joining the Delaware county P25 system as a simulcast subsystem. This will also bring Wasthington Township, Perry Township and Sharon Township on board. This is planned to be fully running by the end of 2009.

The system will add 5 new sites some of which exist for the old systems. They are

#1 Avery Road Water @ 7697 Avery Road - Dublin
#2: Hard Road Tower @ 4000 Hard Road - Dublin
#3: Huntley Bowl Park Tower @ 6199 Huntley Rd - Worthington
#4: Dublin Justice Center @ 6565 Commerce Parkway – Dublin
#5: Worthington Police HQ – 6555 Worthington-Galena Road – Worthington

Below is the link to the blog

http://ddw800.blogspot.com/

jscott02

Well, that makes a lot of sense. Because, you know, Washington and Worthington NEVER take mutual aid runs with the rest of Franklin county.....So, Dublin is ditching their own system?

ajpritch

From the sounds of it they are. They are looking at reusing there repeaters for the NSPAC/ ICALL frequencies and the actual frequencies that Dublin and Worthington use will be setup on the new system

ajpritch

We will have to see what happens. According to their site this will also allow Deleware County units better coverage south. What that means and how far that will go I am not sure.

ajpritch

Correction

Correction
The system will add 3 new sites some of which exist for the old systems. They are

#1 Avery Road Water @ 7697 Avery Road - Dublin
#2: Hard Road Tower @ 4000 Hard Road - Dublin
#3: Huntley Bowl Park Tower @ 6199 Huntley Rd - Worthington

The two below are just the dispatch centers and not tower sites.
#4: Dublin Justice Center @ 6565 Commerce Parkway – Dublin
#5: Worthington Police HQ – 6555 Worthington-Galena Road – Worthington

The system calls for 7 channels at these sites which are the 4 from Dublin's system and the 3 conventional onces from Worthington

Last edited:

scannerwhip

I'm curious (and stupid), but will this eventually become a central Ohio mini-Marcs System? I've been hearing Dublin's "All City Broadcast" alerts over Delaware's system for a year or so, so I don't see where this move could hurt, especially if this allows Delaware County better coverage as I live here!

16b

Premium Subscriber
Looking over the PDFs on their blog leads me to draw two conclusions (one or both of which may be incorrect):

According to this, they are only planning to have three actual transmit/receive sites in Franklin County: the Avery Road site, the Hard Road site, and the Huntley Bowl site; the other two (the Dublin Justice center and the Worthington Police HQ) are just dispatch centers.

This document seems to indicate that the three sites in Franklin County will constitute a "Simulcast Sub-System" of the main Delaware County system. In other words, they aren't additional simulcast sites for the existing system, they're a separate roaming site that would be programming into a scanner as a separate trunking system (or as a different site in a newer scanner that supports multiple sites).

I think it sounds pretty neat. I like having an open P25 system around instead of all of this proprietary Motorola stuff.

16b

Premium Subscriber
I've been hearing Dublin's "All City Broadcast" alerts over Delaware's system for a year or so

What talkgroup are they on? I've only recently started to listen to Delaware county (now that I applied the firmware update for my 396 and can actually decode the system).

I hear them on "Dublin 1" on MARCS all the time.

ajpritch

16b you are correct those are on MARCS and not the Deleware System unless its on a talkgroup not posted.

Also I read the blog as two options.

1st. All three new sites will be on the new sub system for Dublin/Worhtington

2nd 2 sites will be used for Dublin/Worthington while one of the worhtington sites is used as a simulcast site for the main system for Deleware.

I dont know which one of these is more likely yet but I will ask Tom tonight to see if he knows.

enine

Man I need to get a new scanner, just moved into lewis center with a pro97 so I can't pick up the Delaware county stuff and now I'll probably loose franklin county.

ajpritch

Man I need to get a new scanner, just moved into lewis center with a pro97 so I can't pick up the Delaware county stuff and now I'll probably loose franklin county.

You will still be able to pick up Franklin County with the exception of Worthington, Perry Township Sharon Township, Washington township and Dublin. That swtich wont happen till sometime next year most likey after summer. Mutal Aid things will still have to be worked out since most agencies that help Washington or Worthington dont have digital radios and will need a patch or use the current EMS and Fireground talkgroups on the Franklin County system

enine

Yes, I can still hear frankiln county but with most of the notrthern communities of franklin county like worhtington or dublin switching to delaware's then I'll hear less relavent to my location.

Status
Not open for further replies.