Status
Not open for further replies.

jssealion

New to scanners. I would like information as to where I can retrieve the Columbus Ohio Fire frequencies or has them available to send me to input into my scanner. I have searched the web and have had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thread moved to Ohio forum then approved. Please post in the appropriate regional forum when asking location specific questions, thanks.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Welcome to a great hobby!!

Columbus Fire is part of the Franklin County Public Safety System. Information on that system can be found on this site at:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=659

-OR-

Select database from the links at the top of each page.
Click on Ohio, then Franklin County
From the Featured Radio Systems section, select "Franklin County Public Safety"

ajpritch

To expand a little on fpo701.

Columbus Fire is part of the a Trunked System so you will need a scanner cable of receving and decoding the trunking information. Almost all scanners sold today can do this and many of the ones that are older can as well. What type of scanner do you have and we can point you to software that will program it easier for you.

Aaron

jssealion

Hello, I have a Radio Shack Pro-2055 triple trunking system. Trying to figure out all the buttons, but mostly becoming confused. All I want to listen to is CFD, so I tried to purchase a model without too much extra. Any help would be appreciated.

jssealion

Thanks, I listen to this website all the time due to having a son on CFD, I am trying to figure out the new scanner, but am hearing many thoughts. I have a triple trunking system and have been told I need a digital one. And then I have been told I don't need a digital. Have read the manual, but am not clear what to do. John

Status
Not open for further replies.