MARCS SO M/A TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering how many Sheriffs Depts. have switched over to MARCS and are using the SO mutual-aid TGs SO-XX.

I thought it could give me something different to listen to especially on slow nights.

I hear;

Perry SO-64 regularly
Muskingum SO-60 occasionally
Franklin SO-25 when the bomb truck is out

Anyone else hear any activity on the SO tgs?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I was wondering how many Sheriffs Depts. have switched over to MARCS and are using the SO mutual-aid TGs SO-XX.

I thought it could give me something different to listen to especially on slow nights.

I hear;

Perry SO-64 regularly
Muskingum SO-60 occasionally
Franklin SO-25 when the bomb truck is out

Anyone else hear any activity on the SO tgs?

SO-10 MUTAID CARROLL - Carroll Co Sheriff regularly
56480 - Columbiana Co Sheriff regularly

Those are the two by me on MARCS. Jefferson and Belmont have their own systems that they use for normal day to day activity. Harrison Co also has their own 800 mhz nontrunked system. Jefferson (and perhaps Belmont) will have talkgroups on MARCS as well, but it they won't be used for normal operation. That's all I can report from my neck of the woods. Jefferson/Harrison/Belmont do not use MARCS for interop because Jefferson/Belmont have patch talkgroups on each others systems and have a patch to Harrison as well. And the OSP has a patch talkgroup on the Jefferson system.

Tuscarawas has its own system and I have never heard them on any MARCS stuff. I also have heard Muskingum from time to time when they are affiliated with a Tuscarawas area MARCS site.

Mike

Last edited:

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Down here in Cincinnati, Hamilton County uses SO-31 for their all county broadcasts.
They patch it to LEERN and whatever talkgroups on the Hamilton County system are relevant to the call.

When I lived in Cleveland, OSP Post 47 talked to Lorain County Sheriff frequently on SO-47, and Cuyahoga County CECOMS would test occasionally on SO-18.

Josh

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

It's pretty much catch-as-catch can on the SO-xx talkgroups.

The state provided a MARCS control station radio to every sheriff's office for inclusion in their dispatch center, for mutual aid purposes only (aka Local Emergency Use Only, or LEUO); they're not intended for day-to-day use, but a few are using their SO-xx channel as a fill-in or backup channel, like Perry County and perhaps a couple of others.

For daily use, agencies are supposed to work with MARCS to obtain the proper talkgroups for such, thus keeping the SO-xx talkgroups available for mutual aid use; this also adds them to the billing cycle. Some subscriber sheriff's offices do use their SO-xx channels as alternate channels more often, but since they're already being billed they can get away with it. And MARCS does watch the system for excessive activity from LEUO users; if such pops up, the agency gets added to the billing cycle at +/- $20 per month, per radio.

hoser147

I hear Auglaize Co go back and forth with Post 6 pretty regular. There is almost always daily traffic between the local Wildlife Officer and Park Officers with Auglaize. Mercer Co uses it as a second radio system, but they are already slated to go to MARCs soon............Hoser

Status
Not open for further replies.