McCain Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

poormr

Premium Subscriber
Today, McCain visited Columbus (Westerville). Active traffic was heard on:

Ohio MARCS (1840) - OSP D6 EVENT1 Lots of chatter before and after the rally. This seems to go hand in hand with other candidate's visits (using the EVENT 1 of district 6 or the respective district EVENT 1 that the are in).

Nothing heard on any Secret Service Channels (I believe everything was scrambled).

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
Just heard the motorcade bring in McCain to Kettering. They were using "Special Events" TG 368 (dec) on the Montgomery county TRS. OSP seemed to be in charge, telling when and where to shutdown traffic.

RACETOYS7

McCain plane took off frome Burke lakefront airport around noon today and there was no bus or limo at the airport that I seen looks to be just the plane. May have been a fuel stop.

kc8rak

They will be in Mentor on Thursday. Mentor High school 6pm. I will be monitoring MARCS and the Lake County 800 system for awhile. I bet it's going to be crazy with parking. Doors open at 3pm. High school lets out at 2:30pm.I am going to miss it. Daughter has a holloween party that night.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
He was in Tiffin for about an hour today. For the most part it sounded like a unplanned stop. Must have been heading out east from there.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
He'll be in Tuscarawas and Jefferson counties tomorrow.

Jefferson Co SO and Steub PD (all on the Jefferson County TRS) will be handling the visit to Steubenville. I'm sure there will be traffic on MARCS, probably on one of the EVENTS TGs. Probably will go from Tuscarawas to Harrison to Jefferson.

Mike

poormr

Premium Subscriber
McCain will be in Columbus on Friday at Nationwide Arena. Speech starts at 5:00pm.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
McCain motorcade, including the STE and four press buses, has left Steubenville at about 1:25 PM.

They are traveling SR 22 West out of Steubenville. They are heading to Tuscora Park in New Philadelphia (Tuscarawas Co). After they leave there they will be heading to Nationwide Arena (probably via I77/then I70 West).

MARCS TGIDS:

1840 D06-EVT1 OSP District 6 events
17072 D04-EVT1 OSP District 4 events

JCSO is working on passing off to Harrison County SO now. They are coming up on SR151 exit on SR22 west of Wintersville, heading west.

Mike

Last edited:

poormr

Premium Subscriber
Picked up the McCain motorcade as it approached Franklin County. They continued to use Ohio MARCS (1840) - OSP D6 EVENT1 enroute to Columbus and thru out the total visit. After the rally at Nationwide Arena they used the same talk group enroute to the Columbus airport until the plane departed.

Status
Not open for further replies.