Miamisburg PD & FD Where Did They Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

WM8L

I monitor Miamisburg & Miami Twp PD & FD on the Montgomery County Trunk System. I no longer recieve Miamisburg. Once in a while I will still here their 4752 ID on Dispatch.

Does anyone know if they have changed their ID's or reason why you can't hear them any more?

It seems like it has only been since the MCSO took over their dispatching. The Radio Reference Database still shows the original ID's.

Terry

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Miamisburg PD is now dispatched by the Sheriff's Office on SO NORTH (48).
They use 4752 as a local or car to car channel now, just like it is tagged in the database.
4752 has not been used as dispatch since May.
Likewise, Miamisburg Fire is now dispatched by county.

The new County Communications Center built on the old Mounds Laboratory site is due to open any day now.
That is why we are seeing a shift in dispatching in the county.

Last edited:

WM8L

Miamisburg PD/FD

Thanks for the response Mark. I scan all of the ID's listed in Radio Reference Data Base and 4752 is the only thing I have heard them on recently. I think I will try ID search on Montgomery Countys system and see if some other ID is being used. I still recieve Miami Twp on that system and I use 4 different trunking scanners still not getting Mbg. I can also recieve any of the other ID's in the county system.

I know our response time has went to H since the county took over dispatching for Miamisburg.

The whole situation doesn't make any sense other than changing ID's.

73's,

Terry

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Another reason we have not heard them as much is they are now using
MDTs in the vehicles so this has cut down on the chatter.

There are no new talkgroups being used by Miamisburg.

Miami Township is still dispatching themselves and they are mulling
over whether to join county dispatching or not.

WM8L

That explains it. I didn't think about the MDT's giving them their dispatch. You would still think there would be more C/C traffic. I will have to talk to one and see whats up.

Thanks

Terry

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Terry,

As Mark mentioned since the SO took over dispatching for Miamisburg PD they dispatch them on TG 48 North Dispatch. They go by the indentifier MIAMISBURGxxx the x's meaning shift beat number etc. Heard them talking to the county on there a little while ago to be exact.

And in terms of the FD they still use the same station numbers but are now dispatched on TG 13232 COUNTY FIRE.

So Miamisburg is still there on the County system just on different talkgroups now when it comes to Dispatching.

WM8L

Miamisburg Re-discovered

Mark & Dave,

Thanks for the update. I knew the county took over their dispatch but it seems like a step back in time. With the talk group ID's you didn't have to listen to all of the other departments. Now it seems like going back to the days when you had a dozen diferent departments on an old vhf fequency by dispatching on county north ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.