Montgomery County tg 2192

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
There has been lots of activity the past few days on talkgroup 2192 on the Montgomery County system.
Multiple sources (including our db here) have this labeled as 5 River Metro Parks - Downtown Parks.
Clearly the past few days it is being used as a main support channel
for the Montgomery County Board of Elections at BOE Headquarters where there
has been heavy voting. The talkgroup itself falls in line with the other 5MP assigned talkgroups.

Does anyone in the know, know if this talkgroup has changed use, or are park personnel possibly assisting in the event?

sopranosno1

mark, the park talk groups from 1936-2192 i havent heard in use for 4-5 years. last week or so i have been hearing 1936 but can not tell yet who. not police, or fire, ems. very casual chatter. even heard a mexican type voice. on 2192 i have heard talk about democrat and republican. people voting. anyone willing to go vote early and see if there is any radios in use?

kf8yk

Does anyone in the know, know if this talkgroup has changed use, or are park personnel possibly assisting in the event?[/QUOTE]

In Lake & Geauga County the board of elections are loaned radios from the EMA's cache of standby radios. The elections boards really can't justify the expense of purchasing radios, maintaining batteries, etc. for just 1 or 2 days of use per year.

Perhaps the Montgomery Board of Elections is just borrowing some radios from the park district. Chances are the park district has extra radios this time of year when all the summer seasonal and part time staff is not employed.

It would also be of little advantage to reprogram all of these loaner radios with a talkgroup just for the elections then have to change them back the next day, so they probably just picked one or two of the parks idle talkgroups for the event.

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Gentlemen,

The 2192 TG is Montgomery County - Parks and Recreation - Special Events.......

kf8yk is correct; in the fact that the Board of Elections has borrowed some radios from the County Parks Department to use for the Election coverage.....

Hope this clears up this matter......

Dave T.

sopranosno1

i thought 5 rivers took over management of all montgomery county parks. except for 1936 those talk groups have been silent for 4-5 years. are we sure that board of elections took over the use of the talk group? if that is parks and recreation talk group they surely do not ever use the radios... that info for the park- rec groups may be outdated.

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
sopranosno1 & others,

I can't comment on the "management" aspect; however.......

The BOE didn't "take" it over......they "borrowed" it for yesterday's activities. It should return to regular usage after all the Election activities subside......as far as it being a Parks & REC TG - it most definitely is and it is officially tagged as "Special Events".....

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
The BOE didn't "take" it over......they "borrowed" it for yesterday's activities. It should return to regular usage after all the Election activities subside......as far as it being a Parks & REC TG - it most definitely is and it is officially tagged as "Special Events".....

And I can't recall the specific event, but I do recall mention of this talkgroup being logged as in use this year during some sort of event; just wish I could remember where I read it...

sopranosno1

i got curious about the discussion on this talk group and called b.o.e. and montgomery county park-recreation. dave was right about the tempoary use of the radios for the b.o.e. i talked to "allen" at the parks-recreation and he told me they now use nextel direct-connect for the communications. they havent used 800 mhz radios for 4-5 years. he thought that montgomery county ema/eoc took control of the radios or talk groups. who ever is using 1936 isnt park rec.

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone,

To eliminate the idea that there is a new user on TG 1936......

This is the old Parks & Rec "Staff" channel.....and B.O.E. was also using this in conjunction with TG 2192....

Hope this helps everyone.....

sopranosno1

1936 is not park and rec according to allen of the montgomery county park-rec. if you read my message thay do not use montgomery county radios. just nextels. i have listened to mcso since 2003 area and those went silent within a year. how can 2192 or 1936 be park-rec radios if they do not use radios? ever thought radios can change user if one quits using the radios? i know what there listed as but users can change. maybe the info is outdated. for example 6864 was listed as task force arrest but ema or red cross was using this last summer in a training in greene county. also montgomery county special investigtions has been used the last several years at the airshow in riverside for crowd control and parking. that doesnt sound like to me special investigations. i personaly think that other agencies in the county could take over ops on a unused talk group.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
1936 is not park and rec according to allen of the montgomery county park-rec. if you read my message thay do not use montgomery county radios. just nextels. i have listened to mcso since 2003 area and those went silent within a year. how can 2192 or 1936 be park-rec radios if they do not use radios? ever thought radios can change user if one quits using the radios? i know what there listed as but users can change. maybe the info is outdated. for example 6864 was listed as task force arrest but ema or red cross was using this last summer in a training in greene county. also montgomery county special investigtions has been used the last several years at the airshow in riverside for crowd control and parking. that doesnt sound like to me special investigations. i personaly think that other agencies in the county could take over ops on a unused talk group.

From a system manager's standpoint, re-use of unused talkgroups is not typically done when they are still programmed in any radios. New users generally get new talkgroups until the old ones are known to have been removed from all radios and have been out of service for awhile, so as to ensure that no one else has them.

sopranosno1

i don't want to come across as a know it all. im wrong on talk groups just as much as anybody. i want to keep this as civil as possible. im just trying to make the list as accurate as possible. when all else fails sometimes a phone call may make the difference. sometimes it works sometimes not. it never hurts to try.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
i don't want to come across as a know it all. im wrong on talk groups just as much as anybody. i want to keep this as civil as possible. im just trying to make the list as accurate as possible. when all else fails sometimes a phone call may make the difference. sometimes it works sometimes not. it never hurts to try.

Its okay! You have always been good at finding out information. The thing is, we are not going to change it in the database until we know exactly what its use is, and preferably the exact label in their radios. sometimes we can only get that with inside information. The fact you made a phone call speaks volumes on your diligence and passion for the hobby.
Keep at it and we'll get this figured out eventually.

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Sopranosno1 & the List,

First off, let me say this....my apologies to any that may have felt as if I were "short" with my replies. I honestly didn't mean to come across that way.....

Second, sopranosno1, you are correct in that County Parks & Rec doesn't use the 800mhz radios anymore....I went back and re-read the previous posts and found, to my amazement (heheehe), that I was pointing in a different direction than the topic was meant to go in....I was simply confirming B.O.E. traffic and you were pointing out that Parks & Rec doesn't use that set of TG's anymore.....small mistake on my part.....

With that said; I offer my humble apology for any ill-will that may have occurred....

Status
Not open for further replies.