Is a Pro-163 able to Pick up county and maybe OSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swipesy

Most all of OSP is now on the MARCS System which is digital. The Pro-163 does not receive digital therefore you will not hear OSP except for maybe a few transmissions that may not have migrated to MARCS. Yes OSP can be monitored on a digital scanner.

I know it will probably get the county and the FD out in county. I just do not know if it can pick up OSP. Is it even possible to pick them up? Yikes, so many unanswered Questions!

Pro-163
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2973252

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I doubt you will be able to pick them up in Hawaii though, even if you did have a digital scanner.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
He's not in Hawaii, he is in Clark County, Ohio. He just happens to Have "Hi" in the location slot.

andyishere

Ok thanks! I figured it wouldnt be able to, just wanted to make sure. I am thinking of geting a 300- or lower digtal scanner. Any ideas on what kind?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Ok thanks! I figured it wouldnt be able to, just wanted to make sure. I am thinking of geting a 300- or lower digtal scanner. Any ideas on what kind?

If all you are planning to spend is $300, it narrows it down to the Pro-96. Unless you want to be really diligent and wait until "Black Friday", the day after Thanksgiving for unannounced sales at Radio Shack.
You may be able to come home with a brand new Pro-106 for just under $300 if you can find a "Friends and Family" discount.

That happened just last week.

N8IAA

I know it will probably get the county and the FD out in county. I just do not know if it can pick up OSP. Is it even possible to pick them up? Yikes, so many unanswered Questions!Pro-163
Lake county is digital and so is the OSP. 163 is an analog trunktracker only. The 96 is a good scanner to go with. Or, the new 106.
Larry

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Lake county is digital and so is the OSP. 163 is an analog trunktracker only. The 96 is a good scanner to go with. Or, the new 106.
Larry

How did Lake County get dragged into this?
That is on the far side of the state.

We are talking about the area around Madison County, Ohio.
The only digital in that area is Ohio MARCS. There is heavy use
for the London Correctional Institution, but that kind of listening
gets boring quickly. Still the 96 or 106 would work great for that area.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Wishin I was in Hawaii tonite its Cold,:D radioscan is right on the money.........

I'm still in LA and head back to Ohio in a few hours for a PM
landing in Dayton. I'm not looking forward to returning to cold weather. :(

Back to topic, if Andyishere can catch the 106 on sale for under $300,
that's a great bargain!

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
How did Lake County get dragged into this?
That is on the far side of the state.

We are talking about the area around Madison County, Ohio.
His location says "Madison, Ohio". Madison is a city (& township?) in Lake County.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
His location says "Madison, Ohio". Madison is a city (& township?) in Lake County.

Okay. In another unrelated post he talked about being around the Clark County/Madison County area, so I believe he means he is somewhere around Madison County
and not Madison, Ohio and just doesn't have the hang of putting it correctly in his location profile.

Andyishere where are you located?
If you could make that clearer we here on the board would be
able to help you out better with suggestions.

andyishere

Madison County, I was in a rush when I put Madison, had to go to the rest room to '' blah.'' I have a cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.