local HAM operators

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Franklin repeater is on 145.290, we use that for talk-in to our monthly MONIX Meetings in Springboro.

146.8650 is located in Lebanon.
Drake ARC has a repeater on 145.490 in Springboro.

145.1900 is the big wide area repeater run by the Fairfield Amateur Radio Association, it covers nearly all of Ohio, a good chunk of Indiana and
from Jellico Mountain at the Kentucky-Tennessee state line into southern Michigan.

There are also a ton of repeaters in Dayton.
OARC (Ohio Area Repeater Council) has a pdf of their repeater booklet
on their website: http://www.oarc.com/

You can find everything for Ohio there.

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
145.110 is about the biggest 'active' repeater around. 145.350 is pretty active at night. They are in Middletown. 147.360 seems to be busy also (Miamisburg I think). The repeaters are all but dead around here, especially compared to how much activity there used to be.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
145.110 is about the biggest 'active' repeater around. 145.350 is pretty active at night. They are in Middletown. 147.360 seems to be busy also (Miamisburg I think). The repeaters are all but dead around here, especially compared to how much activity there used to be.

145.110 is in Dayton. And 145.350 is in Cincinnati. Not Middletown. And you are correct on 147.360 it is located in Miamisburg.

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
145.110 is in Dayton. And 145.350 is in Cincinnati. Not Middletown. And you are correct on 147.360 it is located in Miamisburg.
Ah my bad. Guess that I assumed Middletown because it seems like everyone one there is from Middletown. I think these are the most active around here. Don't really know what the OP was after, just trying to give some freqs that are actually used.

boroscan30

thanks! i will try yet again but I dont think it will help due to the fact that I cannot pick up any in my area. Is there a certain time that is the best time or dont they ever talk?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
thanks! i will try yet again but I dont think it will help due to the fact that I cannot pick up any in my area. Is there a certain time that is the best time or dont they ever talk?

Work drive times are usually the best, 6 to 9 AM and 4 - 7 PM.
Out of all those we gave you 145.110 should probably be the busiest.

If you use the Service Search feature of your Pro-164, SR5 will do an automatic search of all the FM amateur bands.
Just scroll thru with the search key until your screen displays SR5 Amateur Radio.
Put it in search mode and let it go for awhile, be patient for activity to pop up.

boroscan30

yeah that freq. is easy to pick up as is I think 145.350. I always get operators from it seems Cinn. area.

boroscan30

Work drive times are usually the best, 6 to 9 AM and 4 - 7 PM.
Out of all those we gave you 145.110 should probably be the busiest.

If you use the Service Search feature of your Pro-164, SR5 will do an automatic search of all the FM amateur bands.
Just scroll thru with the search key until your screen displays SR5 Amateur Radio.
Put it in search mode and let it go for awhile, be patient for activity to pop up.

I always use that. Ill scan up and down for a while. Thanks though for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.