Belmont County reband

Status
Not open for further replies.

durango5550

Booger D.
Ok guys finally got the word that December 17 and 18 the motorola rebanding team will be at the 911 center to begin rebanding. I will copy the letter and get it posted ( for those guys that dont believe me ...lol )

later all
Dan

Mylan

Feed Provider
I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!!!!!!!

j/k

No seriously though... a big thank you for this info... I have all the new freqs stored in my radios just in case I didn't hear them one day and now I know when I should be on the lookout.

PS ... do you know anywhere online we can get the 911 monthly meeting minutes? (they used to be on the 911's first net website but now that's all history)...

durango5550

Booger D.
well as luck would have it I cant get my scanner to work ...figures..

Anyway , The Belmont County 911 director ( Robyn marshall ) sent out a letter to all department Chiefs telling them that it would take place on the mentioned dates and that the radios may go into fail soft and to keep traffic to emergency comms only. so there ya go word for word what the letter says.

From what I understand from other areas the older trunking scanners are still able to monitor the new rebannded systems , but I'm thinking my info is lack-luster at best . has anyone else heard anything?

Well good luck guys and happy scanning :)

Dan

Im not sure where they are posting the minutes online , if they even do anymore. I know my Chief gets the minutes sent to him and they are posted on our board at the station. If you would like a copy of the minutes id be happy to do that for ya.

Last edited:

Mylan

Feed Provider
IT"S OFFICIAL..... i think...,

well as of 13:30 I am now picking up the rebanded frequencies and so far all scanning radios appear to seamlessly trunk...

the old control channel is still active but all voice is on 85x.xxx

thanx 4 the offer dan but really, it's no big deal on the minutes I don't want you to go out of your way for this... thanks anyway tho

Mylan

Feed Provider
yeah the transition is definitely complete now..... they went through and programmed or tested all the alternate CC's and finally the main CC.........
it sounds like thay are finished at the 911 ctr and they said they are now going to go arond to all the departments and make sure everybody still has service.....

durango5550

Booger D.
See , and aome of you doubted me ....:p lol

Anyway Mylan have you noticed or not if "older" scanners still track the new system?

I didnt think they would be done with the system that quick . I figured what could go wrong would have. Staleys surprises me again :)

medic_35

Hey dan i am running a PRO-94 and iti working just fine. I am having no trouble listening to them

Mylan

Feed Provider
I know the model 796d mfd by uniden works
I will check out an old pro92 I gave to my buddy a couple yrs ago and see if that works too

durango5550

Booger D.
Thats good news for alot of people !

Well hope all goes well with the rebanding , but if it does we wont have anything to yak about except the poor performance of ohio county's new system :)

bikerg2001

rebanding question

i have a 996 and 396 and both will no longer pick up bemont cty even after putting the new freqs in......i have read something abt flashing but havent found anything on it yet.....is the flashing in the new firmware???....does the firmware need installed to track the new freqs....im a bit confused at this point and so happy i found this thread...lol....any input will be appreciated...thanks in advance

durango5550

Booger D.
As far as I know you can download the firmware you need from uniden . If you cant pick up the system without the upgrade thats bad news for the older scanner owners :( but oh well I need to upgrade anyway.

Mylan

Feed Provider
I haven't even tried to reprogram my 996 yet (tomorrow hopefully)..... so I sure hope it is not going to be a major hassle because I have a hard time with that radio regardless.

as for the rebanded system, It seems like several users are having difficulties with their radios in a few areas and the radio service is trying to isolate the problem..... one of the distinct possibilities that was mentioned has nothing to do with rebanding and that is rainwater intrusions at one or two broadcast sites.

I too noticed a couple garbled transmissions that sounded like nothing I have never heard... at first I attested it to the rebanding effort, but now I think it was just the rain - at least I hope so... everything sounds good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.