ashtabula county fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i feel really stupid. I programmed my scanner to Ashtabula county yesterday cause i work out there, i programeed it to a conventional system on the 396, and put all the frequencys in. Well, when i went to go and test it after i did it just to make sure i did a good job, i took a radio from work and keyed up the radio on all the channels. Didnt work how i thought. I keyed the radio on NAD/SCAD channel, it came up as ccan, I keyed up CCAN, it came up as CCAN, I keyed up all the fire channels, and they all came up as fire 2.... so im lost, anybody able to help?

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Did you program the scanner manually by hand, or did you use the free software from uniden?
If you programmed it manually by hand, it sounds like you had the same text description programmed in for each channel on accident. If you programmed it with the software, make sure that each channel has a unique text description. (The 16 character alpha-tag).

Or, since the handheld from work was so close to the scanner, it may have been overpowered, and even though you were transmitting on several channels, the scanner was just stopping on all of them. If memory serves me right, Ashtabula County channel are all 154/155 Mhz, so this could make sense.

-josh

T-Santon

I have found this topic to be pretty confusing myself... Sometimes I'll hear pages being sent (or other voice traffic) on multiple Fire or EMS channels at the same time. It might have to do with the location of the tower sites, as well as the size of the county (maybe some traffic is patched over to other channels to help with coverage gaps???).

I really wish I knew the specifics of which frequencies are used when (by all the different departments), but I haven't been able to find any useful information online.

If I program ALL of the Fire and EMS frequencies, it seems like I get all of the traffic...But aside from that, I can't figure out the exact structure of how the county uses these frequencies.

It would be great if someone could shed some light on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.