WCPO online scanner feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingwolf

Old School
ok I have been listening to the WCPO online scanner feed for the past hour.
And I have ot ask. Is this the level of sound qulaity I should expect to hear from the pro96?

Every few seconds I get this nasty digitaly garbled high pitched srambled sound. And once in a while just loads of static.
Not to mention the audio is not all the good when it comes in correcty.

So is this a problem of bad programming by the gentlmen listed on the website or is this just what I can expect from the pro96.

Oh and they do not have just the police programmed in. I am getting all kinds of talkgroups.

Heard three guys talking about picking up thier paychecks lol.

So any help would be nice.

Thanks.

Here is the link I have been listening too.

http://www.wcpo.com/video/policescanner.html
Simply hit click to listen. Its in Real Media Format.

Thanks in advance.

16b

Premium Subscriber
First off, I do not own a PRO-96 or PRO-2096 and have never played with one. (Just a little disclaimer :). )

With that said, the live audio on WCPO sounds like crap. The audio level is too low, there is a "buzz" in the background (which isn't the background when you have to crank the volume up so loud), and the audio seems to cut out sometimes (which is probably just due to bad signal strength).

Also it sounds like the scanner got put in to "search" mode, either on purpose or accidentally.

I have played with digital scanners before (Uniden), and they don't have to sound like this...

xusmarine1979

My Pro-96 sounds much better than the live-feeds Sir. Every once in a while it will garble just the same as your cell phone. I also noticed when I listen to Cleveland's feed that I hear different talk groups. But otherwise, my 96 sounds loud and clear.

flyingwolf

Old School
Well unfortunatly our local Mall is compltely steel construction an RS is dead in the center of all the worst electrical areas.
So actually testing thier 96's is impossible. And for some reason they wont let me take it outside for a while to see how well it works? I wonder why lol :roll:

Anyway thanks for the feedback.

Now I just need to get me a 96. Plain and simple. Definatly gonna grab one from scanner master as long as the shipping prices dont overwhelm the nearly 70 dollar discount.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
flyingwolf said:
ok I have been listening to the WCPO online scanner feed for the past hour.
And I have ot ask. Is this the level of sound qulaity I should expect to hear from the pro96?

Every few seconds I get this nasty digitaly garbled high pitched srambled sound. And once in a while just loads of static.
Not to mention the audio is not all the good when it comes in correcty.

So is this a problem of bad programming by the gentlmen listed on the website or is this just what I can expect from the pro96.

WCPO is using a Pro-2096, unfortunately unless you are near a transmitter site in Cincinnati/Hamilton County this is what the system sounds like. The further one is from Hamilton County the worse it sounds until it fades out altogether. The Cincinnati site is set up so the signals strength is best within 3 to 5 miles of the city. The Hamilton County system is set up so its signals are best within 5 miles out from the county border. This is just the way the system is set up. I was in Blue Ash yesterday and it sounded fine on my Pro-96 except for two transmissions that came in very garbled.
As for the WCPO feed I'm sure part of it may be their web set up as well.

If you get a Pro-96/2096 it will sound just fine when listening to the Clermont County and MARCS systems, but don't don't expect very good reception of Cincinnati/Hamilton County.

I just made a trip to Baltimore this past weekend, I had the V-folders all loaded for the trip and the 96 performed flawlessly everywhere I went.

Mark

flyingwolf

Old School
Well I can see the Clermont County tower from my living room window so I am sure it will come in loud and clear for me.

If you check the database on here and take a look at the Clermont county site I am between them and the airport. Little closer to the airport but I am sure I will have no trouble picking this up at all.

Oh well time to get some extra money.

Status
Not open for further replies.