RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Ohio Radio Discussion Forum

Ohio Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Ohio.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 12:35 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Apparently some of you up in NE Ohio in the metro areas haven't monitored MARCS regularly for years? The statewide systems [or any multicounty system] is a bit different than the simulcast county systems you all are used to.

There is roaming to adjacent sites [counties in this case] and further. For me, it's not unusual for me to hear Columbiana Co SO units on a Carroll, Jefferson or Mahoning Co site. It's not uncommon for me to hear various agencies a far piece from home, simply because one unit belonging to that agency is here in Jefferson Co for some reason - communicating via a local county site, and any traffic that goes over their dispatch talkgroup is sent to each and every site where there is an affiliated unit.

You might hear traffic from a neighboring county because a unit is near the border of two counties and the unit's radio determines that a site in one county will provide better quality than a site within the county they are in.

And, as mentioned earlier, all it takes for you to hear a Willoughby FD unit on the Cuyahoga Simulcast is for one Willoughby FD unit, with radio on, to head into Cleveland for a meeting. As long as thier radio is on and they are sitting in Cleveland, you'll hear all radio traffic that is on the Willoughby FD talkgroup.

I quite often hear Ashtabula Co SO traffic for hours on unpredictable days. It si because an Ashtabula Co SO vehicle is down here in Jefferson Co (maybe doing transports to/from our county to theirs, handling administrative tasks,whatever). As long as the Ashtabula Co SO unit has their radio on and one of the Jefferson Co towers is the radios' preferred choice at the time, I'll hear everything that's happening on the AshCo SO talkgroup for the duration of unit's stay in our county.

Mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2012, 2:43 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Is anyone hearing Lake County's new MARCS system on a Uniden Home Patrol (HP1)?
Old 10-06-2012, 8:15 AM

I believe the database has the TG IDs reversed for Chagrin et al agencies ..
14494 seems to be Fire Dispatch ... 14492 Law Dispatch ....... ???
Anyone else confirm ?
Old 10-06-2012, 8:18 AM

HP - 1 seems fine for me .. as long as my scanner is in a room on east side of my house.
But that is a P-25 issue. I can hear a few of the Lake agencies as long as they affiliate with a Cuyahoga tower, like Kirtland / Willoughby FD ....
Old 10-06-2012, 8:48 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWs View Post
I believe the database has the TG IDs reversed for Chagrin et al agencies ..
14494 seems to be Fire Dispatch ... 14492 Law Dispatch ....... ???
Anyone else confirm ?
I'm seeing the same
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2012, 8:52 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
HP - 1 seems fine for me .. as long as my scanner is in a room on east side of my house.
But that is a P-25 issue. I can hear a few of the Lake agencies as long as they affiliate with a Cuyahoga tower, like Kirtland / Willoughby FD ....
At least you get to have it against a wall. I have to have mine in the middle of the room! Anywhere else gets the strong signal but does not decode. ...and I'm 3 miles from a site.

Anyone know a solve to improve my P25 issues?
Old 10-06-2012, 9:26 AM

Default Solon PD & FD

Will Solon PD & FD be part of Proj 25 and if so when?
Old 10-06-2012, 9:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveofcleve View Post
Will Solon PD & FD be part of Proj 25 and if so when?
From a few pages back "...shooting for next Wednesday10/10...."
Old 10-06-2012, 4:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
OK, thanks. Just wanted to verify that HP-1 is compatible with Lake County P25 before I go through the annoying time-consuming hassle of re-programming. Scanning was so much easier before this dreadful trunking crapola. I miss my old Bearcat 250.
Sponsored links

Old 10-06-2012, 8:40 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
Apparently some of you up in NE Ohio in the metro areas haven't monitored MARCS regularly for years? ... You might hear traffic from a neighboring county because a unit is near the border of two counties and the unit's radio determines that a site in one county will provide better quality than a site within the county they are in
Right, that has always been true.

But at least for me...I think the thing is, our local agencies were always neatly separated by county - 1 system for Lake, another system for Geauga, separate conventional freqs for Cuyahoga agencies. I am a "by county" listener.

Now, an increasing number of agencies are being smooshed together on this one P25 system. Staying "by county" is a little different now.

(MARCS for us up here is mostly OSP, ODOT, Medical, Jails, ODNR, etc, not too many local agencies, if at all)
Old 10-06-2012, 9:07 PM

Default Tg27609

TG27609 is Mentor PD 1A
Old 10-07-2012, 9:39 AM

Database correction needed, again .. the Chagrin et al PD / FD talkgroup descriptions are incorrect.
14492 is now correct in labeling as law, but he description (communities) is displaying Fire agencies.
14494 is now correct in labeling as fire, but the description (communities) is displaying Police agencies.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:03 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Database correction needed, again .. the Chagrin et al PD / FD talkgroup descriptions are incorrect.
14492 is now correct in labeling as law, but he description (communities) is displaying Fire agencies.
14494 is now correct in labeling as fire, but the description (communities) is displaying Police agencies.
I just looked at the database and the Alpha Tag, Description and Tag, all appear correct. Both TG's were updated recently (both are highlited in yellow).

Maybe a previous entry is cached in your browser, try flushing the browser cache.
Old 10-07-2012, 5:35 PM

Database shows:
14492 389c D PD Chagrin Chagrin Falls / Orange Village / Woodmere PDs Law Dispatch
14494 389e D FD Chagrin Chagrin Falls / Bentleyville / Hunting Valley / Moreland Hills / Orange / Woodmere FDs Fire Dispatch

What I'm saying is ..
Chagrin Falls / Orange Village / Woodmere are FIRE Depts.
Chagrin Falls / Bentleyville / Hunting Valley / Moreland Hills / Orange / Woodmere are POLICE agencies

So 14492 is now correct identifying it as Law dispatch and as a PD .. the communities listed are wrong.
14494 is now correct identifying it as Fire Dispatch and as FD .. but the communities are wrong.
( I do not believe Bentleyville, Hunting Valley or Moreland Hills have FDs)

Make sense ?
Old 10-07-2012, 7:38 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

There ya go. Check it now. I'm just going by what is submitted. We had different people submitting different data for those talkgroups.

Mike

Quote:
Database shows:
14492 389c D PD Chagrin Chagrin Falls / Orange Village / Woodmere PDs Law Dispatch
14494 389e D FD Chagrin Chagrin Falls / Bentleyville / Hunting Valley / Moreland Hills / Orange / Woodmere FDs Fire Dispatch

What I'm saying is ..
Chagrin Falls / Bentleyville / Hunting Valley / Moreland Hills / Orange / Woodmere are POLICE agencies

So 14492 is now correct identifying it as Law dispatch and as a PD .. the communities listed are wrong.
14494 is now correct identifying it as Fire Dispatch and as FD .. but the communities are wrong.

Make sense ?

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2012, 9:55 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Database shows:

What I'm saying is ..

Make sense ?
Does now. I totally misread your message.

I see Mike has updated the database.
Old 10-08-2012, 1:47 PM

All is well in the database now ! Very good.
I'm guessing "Solon" will need added to the description line when they move ..
unless they have their own TG.
We'll keep our ears up.
Old 10-08-2012, 2:45 PM

Default Chagrin FD and PD

This was all my error..

I posted the TG's in error.

FD shoud have been PD and PD should have been FD.

New TG 14498 as heard is PD Chagrin #2....????

Getting gun shy on on posting.

Maybe someone can identify and post if correct.
Old 10-08-2012, 5:57 PM

I'll listen later tonight, see what I can identify.

Do any of the Fire Depts use tone alerts on this system for their dispatch ?
Haven't heard any yet ....
Old 10-08-2012, 6:30 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I'm having all kinds if trouble picking up the new MARCS-IP system on my HP-1E..It's connected to an outside ST-2 antenna..I can pickup Parma's P25, SWRCN, Cleveland's P25, and everything else within 40 miles of my home in the hills of Euclid...However my PSR-800 receives it clear as a bell with just the included antenna..I too am only a few miles down the road from Lake county..Any ideas??

Tags
700 mhz, central ohio, clark county, dayton, elyria, fayette county, london, lorain county, marcs, marcs p25, marcs-ip, ohio, ohio marcs cuyahoga, southwest ohio, springfield, sticky, urbana, washington ch