RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Ohio Radio Discussion Forum

Ohio Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Ohio.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 3:31 PM
Forums Moderator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

The MARCS office has filed numerous license applications with the FCC as of two days ago. These are for the new 700 MHz sites. They are as follows:

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005477132 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005477133 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005477134 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005477135 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005477136 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005477137 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005477139 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005477140 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005477150 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005477151 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005478777 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005478778 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005478779 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005478780 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005478781 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005478782 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005478783 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005479481 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005479484 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005479485 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005479486 - OHIO, STATE OF

ULS Application - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz - 0005480731 - OHIO, STATE OF

73's

Ron

Old 11-07-2012, 10:54 PM

TG 27677 is Lake Health Madison ER
Old 11-08-2012, 7:49 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfd2613 View Post
Why would one scanner have such awesome reception, while a newer scanner so far, cant compete with my old one?
This has been discussed in the military air circles regarding reception. Newer scanners likely have much more front-end processing than ones made 10+ years ago. So the older scanners effectively have better ears. Signals are signals, so this could apply to digital trunking too.
Old 11-08-2012, 8:57 AM
Technischer Guru
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Exclamation Please submit your findings!!!!

All,

If you confirm a talkgroup, please submit it to the database, don't just post it here and hope it makes it into the database.
www.wa8pyr.info
If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Having proplem with HP-1 and the Marcs IP system

Last week I finally got the updated firmware in to sentinal did the data base update and was able to scan the new Marcs IP system in Lake/Cuyagoga. It worked real well. I did another db update last night and seem to lose it. When I check to see if its listed system display it is not. When I use my favorite list its there but not working. I tried re-intstalling the sentinal sofware but get a long error message i have insufficient privleges to modify the file... Any ideas or is there something I can check. I really enjoyed listening to the new system
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2012, 3:47 PM
Forums Moderator
Database Admin

In looking over those new transmitter locations that I posted, a few of those 700 MHz sites are in the Akron-Canton area. Does anyone know how far along the MARCS technicians are with either building them, or adding new antennas to existing sites? Likewise, does anyone have a time frame as to when they will go live?
Old 11-09-2012, 1:56 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonya View Post
Last week I finally got the updated firmware in to sentinal did the data base update and was able to scan the new Marcs IP system in Lake/Cuyagoga. It worked real well. I did another db update last night and seem to lose it. When I check to see if its listed system display it is not. When I use my favorite list its there but not working. I tried re-intstalling the sentinal sofware but get a long error message i have insufficient privleges to modify the file... Any ideas or is there something I can check. I really enjoyed listening to the new system
Don't know what to say about insufficient privleges problem, but . . . .

Does Sentinel still work after the failed re-install?

If so, does your favorite list look OK on Sentinel?

If so, is your favorite list's SYSTEM TYPE defined as P25 X2-TDMA or P25 STANDARD on Sentinel?

Did you download your favorite list to the HP-1 after doing the DB update?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:26 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
In looking over those new transmitter locations that I posted, a few of those 700 MHz sites are in the Akron-Canton area. Does anyone know how far along the MARCS technicians are with either building them, or adding new antennas to existing sites? Likewise, does anyone have a time frame as to when they will go live?
First I don't have the specifics, but I can point you to the MARCS-IP rollout presentation. The roll out information starts on page 5. You can quickly scan over the document to see general time frames.

Hope this helps.

http://www.ccao.org/Portals/0/Archiv...esentation.pdf

Last edited by budevans; 11-09-2012 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: original link wasn't working
Old 11-09-2012, 1:34 PM

Default Tg 27626

Seems to be a PD operation.

Keep an eye on this.

Unit Radio ID's do not relate to known TG's
Sponsored links
Old 11-10-2012, 7:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks everyone for there suggestions. I ended up just doing a factory restore and starting from scratch. All is good now. Lesson read the wiki before blinding clicking in Sentinel.
Old 11-11-2012, 5:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Tg 27626

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHF View Post
Seems to be a PD operation.

Keep an eye on this.

Unit Radio ID's do not relate to known TG's
Heard them at an incident on Heisley Rd. They thanked Fairport Harbor for assistance. Maybe Grand River, Painesville TWP (Lake Co. Sheriff?), or Mentor?
Old 11-11-2012, 7:43 PM

Heisley Rd is in Mentor except for a small section between Lakeshore and the State Park that is Grand River but I'm not sure that section is still called Heisley, I believe it is just called SR44North since thereare no adresses on that section.
Old 11-12-2012, 1:56 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster77 View Post
Heisley Rd is in Mentor except for a small section between Lakeshore and the State Park that is Grand River but I'm not sure that section is still called Heisley, I believe it is just called SR44North since thereare no adresses on that section.
Several maps call that section of SR 44 (which runs thru Painesville TWP and Grand River) Heisely Rd. I guess they could be wrong, I dunno.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:57 AM

Talk Group Question:

Long time radio guy here...but I haven't taken the dive into MARCS yet.

The talkgroups listed as LEERN for some Posts...are these patched to that Posts VHF LEERN base or are these just interop talkgroups they are calling LEERN? I am accustomed to LEERN being VHF and those old mastr II's in the cars long ago. If they are just talkgroups without patch, why is that not just a interop group or TAC? Seems confusing, but I am not a user.

Second, I know it is probably in many many threads so don't shoot me please, but if I buy a pro-197 and am a premium member, I can download a file for MARCS to my pro-197? and....do I then have to select in the scanner only what I want to listen to, or does it look for all programmed groups and I can lock out anything I don't want? (I am aware that I will only hear groups that currently have a radio associated with the site(s) I am monitoring).
Old 11-14-2012, 12:34 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

To answer your second question...

If you buy a PRO-197 and have an RR subscription, you can use an appropriate application (most have a cost, there might be a free one) to download the content from RadioReference and then upload it to your Pro-197.

You can import/upload whatever MARCS sites you are interested in listening to and can upload whatever talkgroups you want to listen to -- and then you'll only hear the talkgroups that you uploaded, when those talkgroups are active on a tower you are near enough to hear and have programmed in.

An option [it doesn't default to this] is that after you import the data from RadioReference into your programming application (such as Win500), you can then go and add a Group Wildcard (to pick up all other groups that you didn't specifically program i) and/or a Private Wildcard [to pick up radio-to-radio comms -- which do occur on MARCS but do not occur very often].

And, there are various ways you can organize the data when you put it in your scanner. This thread wouldn't be the best thread to discuss that in, nor would it need to be discussed unless you had a Pro-197 in hand

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterwave View Post
Second, I know it is probably in many many threads so don't shoot me please, but if I buy a pro-197 and am a premium member, I can download a file for MARCS to my pro-197? and....do I then have to select in the scanner only what I want to listen to, or does it look for all programmed groups and I can lock out anything I don't want? (I am aware that I will only hear groups that currently have a radio associated with the site(s) I am monitoring).

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2012, 12:59 PM

Thank you
Old 11-14-2012, 5:28 PM

And if anyone knows about the LEERN groups, appreciate the info.

One other...is there any Simplex operation between MARCS radio in case the ship hits the fan (albeit we know 700/800 doesn't get you much on simplex...on scene in a bad area it would afford something better than shouting at each other).
Old 11-14-2012, 7:52 PM

Default Geneva, Ohio

Apparently Geneva, Ohio (Ashtabula County) is not part of the MARCS Lake County P-25 System. There was a house fire in Madison Wednesday evening and Madison called for mutual aid from Geneva. All communications were handled on the MARCS System using Talkgroup 63264, the Statewide group. Since I don't see a Talkgroup setup for Geneva on the P-25 System I am assuming (right or wrong) that Geneva did not join the P-25 System. Is that correct?

John

Last edited by Swipesy; 11-14-2012 at 7:56 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipesy View Post
Apparently Geneva, Ohio (Ashtabula County) is not part of the MARCS Lake County P-25 System. There was a house fire in Madison Wednesday evening and Madison called for mutual aid from Geneva. All communications were handled on the MARCS System using Talkgroup 63264, the Statewide group. Since I don't see a Talkgroup setup for Geneva on the P-25 System I am assuming (right or wrong) that Geneva did not join the P-25 System. Is that correct?

John
I agree that I do not believe they are on the P-25 system. What is interesting is that I did here Geneva and Harpersfield on Madison's TG 27554. I did not pay attention to the radio id's. I assumed they had some of Lake County's radios since they were on the border. Maybe they are using the statewide MARCS to patch in to the P-25 system? I think they are still on scene so I will try to pay more attention.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 PM

quarterwave here is 4 channels you try, 867.1375,868.3625,868.650,853.4875. there is a dozen or so of 700 mhz low power channels but i dont have the list front of me. i will look the next couple of days for them.

Tags
700 mhz, central ohio, clark county, dayton, elyria, fayette county, london, lorain county, marcs, marcs p25, marcs-ip, ohio, ohio marcs cuyahoga, southwest ohio, springfield, sticky, urbana, washington ch