RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Ohio Radio Discussion Forum

Ohio Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Ohio.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 5:11 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8JSM View Post
Yeah, I am in CoCo. I have been monitoring the MARCS-IP system for about a month and have data collected already. What exactly do you need?

Sean
You've already got my PM, and have answered it. I'll wait to see if you come up with anything. You should scan 768-775 mhz, and see what P25 control channels you find. Then, if you can pass along what you find [along with your location [at least ballpark] that you are monitoring from as well as antenna setup, that'll give me some clue what you are close to and what sites you might be hearing.

The Cosh sites, as listed in the DB, are likely not 100% correct. But, being that they are using control channel frequencies off of the blanket license, I can't cross refrence them to figure out [based upon FCC records] which sites are which. So I need somebody in Cosh who can determine, once and for all, with absolutely surety, what control channel belongs to what site location.

mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2014, 1:35 AM

Default Re: Unidentified/New MARCS-IP Talkgroups

Champaign county 10319 caught the other day encrypted. Most likely sheriff dept. Radio id was close to 119000xx

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2014, 1:44 AM

Default Re: Unidentified/New MARCS-IP Talkgroups

The last couple of weeks i have caught 773.53125 site-17 around the middletown and wilmington area. Even from those areas it is still very weak.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2014, 10:28 PM

Question Unidentified TG 53077...

....Heard with UIDs 930xxxx off Beachwood site.
Old 03-17-2014, 9:53 AM

Default more 53077

I parked on this for a while this morning to try to figure who it is. I have no idea, but they are VERY active and I have other things to do/
Sponsored links

Old 03-17-2014, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Azalea View Post
I parked on this for a while this morning to try to figure who it is. I have no idea, but they are VERY active and I have other things to do/
This is definitely a jail of some sort. I have heard them doing counts and other jail related duties. The units where the prisoners are held are named after Ohio counties. Also, this facility houses adults and juveniles as I have heard mention of both. I hope this info helps someone ID the talkgroup.
Old 03-18-2014, 2:43 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Heard some interesting testing today I wanted to share. This sounded like perhaps a Jail intercom or something. Also, between test counts, you can hear the breathing, which almost sounds like the inside of a fire oxygen mask.. Unfortunately, the signal was varying and DSD wasn't doing too great with what it was getting... Vocaroo | Voice message

This was on TG 12509.
Old 03-19-2014, 5:52 PM
Technischer Guru
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default 28508 Licking County

Anybody know who uses Snn and Cnn unit numbers in Licking County? I've been hearing them testing on 28508 while stuck at home sick today.
www.wa8pyr.info
If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 03-19-2014, 6:34 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

It sounds like the sheriff's office. I've been hearing them all day too. Also on 28517.
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2014, 10:38 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Talking 53077

Cleveland has a juvenile detention facility on Quincy ave. They currently have both youth and over 21 years adults in their lock up. However, the over 21 crowd are being transferred to other facilities because of the security threat they pose to the staff and the younger crowd. Hope this helped.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:02 PM

Question TG 54726

Unidentified still. First showed up back in Dec 2011. It's in the TG range of Countywide Event/General Use Common (Cuyahoga co).
Old 03-21-2014, 2:29 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Call to Action #3

Hey folks,

Since my previous calls to action fell upon [mostly] deaf ears, I'm back again for another round.

IF:

1. You live anywhere in Ohio or on the border surrounding Ohio and you monitor MARCS / MARCS-IP
2. You have one [or some combination] of these:

a. a scanner that can send CC data over the cable to the computer ( BCD396XT/996XT/HP-1, RS PRO-197/107/96/2096, GRE PSR 500/600/800)
b. a receiver / scanner with discriminator output that can be fed into your computer
c. the scanner/receiver can monitor 768-775 mhz and 851-862 mhz

3. You feel like helping out the collective community [and RadioReference of course]
4. You know how to use Unitrunker / Pro96Com to accurately obtain p25 site information

THEN:

Please consider running Unitrunker or Pro96Com on any MARCS-IP related control channels that you come across within the frequency ranges listed above. MARCS-IP system ID is 348.

We're interested in:

a. RFSS (Zone) - Site ID
b. active control channel freq for the site
c. any alternate control channels advertised for the site
d. any other channels (frequencies) in use on the site
e. site neighbors (peers) in the form of RFSS-Zone and associated frequency

Over the course of the next month or two, one should anticipate more sites coming online . Maybe your area already has all of its IP sites online -- or maybe not. Maybe the one or more sites has changed zones. Maybe one or more of the sites has changed frequencies used [from originally reported frequencies on the blanket license to frequencies licensed specifically for that site. Maybe new site neighbors (peers) show up on the peer list that did not show up when the site was originally reported online.

I'm asking for listeners all over the state to participate. Sure, there are areas in more need of attention, such as Southern Ohio, but all over there state there will eventually be changes. It doesn' hurt to keep on top of them. And you'd be helping us all out.

Thanks

Mike

Old 03-22-2014, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit6817 View Post
Appears to be Highland Hills PD. They are supposed to integrate into the Chagrin dispatch center . Lots of traffic stops. Units are 76xx series
Yes it is Highland Hills PD who is now with Chagrin Valley Dispatch. This is the department talkgroup for operations and was being used for the PD dispatch the last week before it closed.

The alias MARCS ID tag for this talkgroup is XHHILSPD
Old 03-23-2014, 6:12 PM
Technischer Guru
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default New sites on line

Nice sunny day today and for once I didnt have to work at one of my various jobs, so I went for a drive south to Chillicothe, Waverly and surrounding areas.

Naturally, being the Compleat Radio Geek, I stuck a mag mount 700/800 MHz antenna on the car and took along the PSR500 just for giggles (of course, I took my camera on the off chance I'd see a train or two but no luck there).

So, while I was out motoring about enjoying the sunshine, I stopped periodically to search the 700 MHz band looking for new control channels. I managed to find and confirm location on the following while I was driving around:

305 - 774.28125 (SOCF {Lucasville})
306 - 774.58125 (Pleasant Valley)
364 - 771.45625 (Richmonddale)
378 - 774.53125 (Jackson with a new zone and site number)

Nice sunny semi-photogenic day; wish I could have caught a couple of trains too, but its cold and breezy enough that standing about outside wasnt a particularly good option.
www.wa8pyr.info
Old 03-24-2014, 6:11 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

New TG identified as CCSO SRT. 12522. Mostly encrypted, but a few guys don't have their radios set right, so you can hear their transmissions. Sounded like they were running a warrant arrest this afternoon.
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2014, 12:06 PM

Default 54691

Sounds like some type of mass casualty drill on TG54691. Nothing on the news sites and everyone is too calm for it to be real. Radio ID's are 1890XXX, and based on the control channels it appears to be coming from a Cuyahoga site. I never heard any mention as to what the channel is named.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:39 PM

That's in the range of TGs for State Fire Marshal Ops but I never heard a specific channel ID either.

It would be nice if there were a list of unit IDs and which agency they were associaterd with (wiki?).
Old 03-25-2014, 4:47 PM

I had this TGID in my database as associated with WestCom Fire Depts as a fireground channel.
but I'm not sure where that came from,
Old 03-25-2014, 5:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

54723 - Newark PD doing radio checks, but there has also been a Pike County EMS unit. They all have 950xxxx IDs. Another DAS demonstration talkgroup?
28505 and 28511 - encrypted 4590xxx IDs.

Last edited by ibagli; 03-25-2014 at 5:40 PM..
Old 03-25-2014, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWs View Post
I had this TGID in my database as associated with WestCom Fire Depts as a fireground channel.
but I'm not sure where that came from,
Based on the radio ID's I would agree that this was WestCom related.

Tags
700 mhz, central ohio, clark county, dayton, elyria, fayette county, london, lorain county, marcs, marcs p25, marcs-ip, ohio, ohio marcs cuyahoga, southwest ohio, springfield, sticky, urbana, washington ch