RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Ohio Radio Discussion Forum

Ohio Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Ohio.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2014, 6:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSCAN View Post
13579 should be WPD 3
I heard two Westlake PD cars talking on this the other evening.
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2014, 1:15 AM
Forums Moderator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

We have an excellent band opening down into Ohio tonight. I am currently listening to the Fremont site 2-016. On TG: 54864, I am hearing what sounds like law enforcement traffic. They were looking for a subject on State Route 412, and they wanted to know if the warrant with Clyde PD had been confirmed or not. The dispatcher informed the patrol unit "T-49" that she was working on it.

RIDs as follows:

7290236 "T-49"
7290239 "County" Dispatch
7290224 "T-48"
7290233 Unid

Last night, the same bunch was talking about a really bad PI Accident, and shutting down traffic. Apparently, someone was ejected from a vehicle on Sandusky County Road 65. This was around 12:40 a.m. There was some radio traffic about the patients at the scene on TG: 43005. The one RID I was able to catch was 7290188. However, there was lots of activity on the known county fire talkgroups.

73's

Ron
Old 06-02-2014, 8:42 AM
Technischer Guru
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
We have an excellent band opening down into Ohio tonight. I am currently listening to the Fremont site 2-016. On TG: 54864, I am hearing what sounds like law enforcement traffic. They were looking for a subject on State Route 412, and they wanted to know if the warrant with Clyde PD had been confirmed or not. The dispatcher informed the patrol unit "T-49" that she was working on it.

RIDs as follows:

7290236 "T-49"
7290224 "T-48"
7290233 Unid
72xxxxx would be Sandusky County. . .
www.wa8pyr.info
If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 06-02-2014, 3:50 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post

RIDs as follows:

7290236 "T-49"
7290224 "T-48"
7290233 Unid

Last night, the same bunch was talking about a really bad PI Accident, and shutting down traffic. Apparently, someone was ejected from a vehicle on Sandusky County Road 65. This was around 12:40 a.m. There was some radio traffic about the patients at the scene on TG: 43005. The one RID I was able to catch was 7290188. However, there was lots of activity on the known county fire talkgroups.

73's

Ron
Are you sure the talkgroup wasn't 56864 (which is in the DB as Sandusky Co SO Dispatch) ?

Mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:42 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default TG 51528

Hearing some testing on TG 51528 and they're referring to it as "XPOST28", going to listen for a bit longer to confirm before submitting an alpha tag change to the DB.
Sponsored links
Old 06-03-2014, 3:58 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I submitted 54864 for Sandusky County Sheriff. I looked at my submissions just in case I had missed typed it so that is going to have to be changed. I hope to get more Sandusky County talk groups next weekend when I am up there visiting.
PSR-500
Old 06-03-2014, 11:54 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by W8VFD View Post
Hearing some testing on TG 51528 and they're referring to it as "XPOST28", going to listen for a bit longer to confirm before submitting an alpha tag change to the DB.
I can't remember why in the world it was changed -- I think because people from diverse geographic locations around Ohio were hearing traffic on it and somebody felt that the current tagging in the db better represented the traffic that was being heard on it. I remember when it was first submitted; I felt the submitter was a reputable source and i added it as XPOST28.

mike

Old 06-03-2014, 11:58 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrain4life View Post
I submitted 54864 for Sandusky County Sheriff. I looked at my submissions just in case I had missed typed it so that is going to have to be changed. I hope to get more Sandusky County talk groups next weekend when I am up there visiting.
Andrew,

So you're saying that without a doubt, 54864 is positively Sandusky Co SHeriff and the 56864 that we have in the DB is incorrect. Yes?

Mike

Old 06-04-2014, 7:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
I can't remember why in the world it was changed -- I think because people from diverse geographic locations around Ohio were hearing traffic on it and somebody felt that the current tagging in the db better represented the traffic that was being heard on it. I remember when it was first submitted; I felt the submitter was a reputable source and i added it as XPOST28.

mike
Well its user ID is 90-etc and it was thought it was just a patch from old MARCS to MARCS IP. The traffic I hear is off the Geauga site and is mostly traffic from that eastern district. So maybe they are going to change it to XPOST28 but I don't think so yet.
Sponsored links
Old 06-04-2014, 11:40 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Any listeners in Rome / Otway (SCIOTO) or Peebles (Adams) area?

Please check in if:

a. You live in or around Peebles (Adams Co) or Rome or Otway (Scioto Co)
b. You have the ability to run Unitrunker or Pro96Com

There are a couple sites that should be online in Scioto Co, but thus far nobody has reported anything online. If one is in Peebles and can monitor the Peebles site listed in the DB, then they could get the site peer/neighbor information off of Peebles, which would almost certainly lend a clue as to some info for the Scioto sites.

Mike

Old 06-04-2014, 1:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Yes, I am confirming without a doubt that 54864 is Sandusky County Sheriff Dispatch.
PSR-500
Old 06-06-2014, 6:36 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Mike,

Updated Marion Site info as I noticed a couple discrepancies in the database.
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2014, 10:25 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhouk View Post
Mike,

Updated Marion Site info as I noticed a couple discrepancies in the database.
Thanks Jason. I've updated the Marion IP site. Oddly enough, in the DB I don't have any site neighbors listed. Hmm. Could you possibly grab me the latest site neighbor listing from Marion? I"m pretty sure you did before, but apparently I didn't make note of them in the DB.

Thanks

Mike
Old 06-06-2014, 10:27 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrain4life View Post
Yes, I am confirming without a doubt that 54864 is Sandusky County Sheriff Dispatch.
Thank you. This has been updated.

Mike

Old 06-06-2014, 10:30 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
Thanks Jason. I've updated the Marion IP site. Oddly enough, in the DB I don't have any site neighbors listed. Hmm. Could you possibly grab me the latest site neighbor listing from Marion? I"m pretty sure you did before, but apparently I didn't make note of them in the DB.

Thanks

Mike
Current Marion peers:
Attached Images

Sponsored links
Old 06-06-2014, 10:33 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhouk View Post
Current Marion peers:
Thanks again, Jason. Your info is always a tremendous help to us. The neighor info has been added to the db.

Mike
Old 06-09-2014, 10:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Longtime listener first time caller... LOL

I have been listening to the Wauseon site (site- 47) all day and have had nothing but Portage County Sheriff radio traffic on it (probably the most voice traffic I have yet heard on the new system) long story short... UniTrunker showed 770.15625 and 774.30625 as voice channels with over 100 hits on each. I plugged in both as conventional receive into my trusty XTS5000 as digital CSQ, and for whatever reason it doesn't like (wont receive) the 30625 frequency. that all being said, I find it rather odd that I should receive Portage County SO on the low profile Wauseon tower (all one hundred some odd feet of it) when Neapolis aka Swanton s-48 is much taller and much closer to Toledo, where it would make (some) sense for a Portage Sheriff unit to go.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:07 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfd836 View Post
Longtime listener first time caller... LOL

I have been listening to the Wauseon site (site- 47) all day and have had nothing but Portage County Sheriff radio traffic on it (probably the most voice traffic I have yet heard on the new system) long story short... UniTrunker showed 770.15625 and 774.30625 as voice channels with over 100 hits on each. I plugged in both as conventional receive into my trusty XTS5000 as digital CSQ, and for whatever reason it doesn't like (wont receive) the 30625 frequency. that all being said, I find it rather odd that I should receive Portage County SO on the low profile Wauseon tower (all one hundred some odd feet of it) when Neapolis aka Swanton s-48 is much taller and much closer to Toledo, where it would make (some) sense for a Portage Sheriff unit to go.
Trunking Basics - Affiliation - The RadioReference Wiki

Old 06-11-2014, 11:29 AM

Default 13617

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdAzalea View Post
with RIDs 1892355, 1892357, and 1892450.
Just heard a dispatcher say "Oh shoot, I didn't mean to hit the emergency button. I bumped it with my knee". This was followed by about 2 minutes of silence on an open mic. It was definitely a dispatcher from the westcom PD channel, but I don't know which one.
Old 06-11-2014, 1:28 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Talkgroup 53125 was heard today off of the Canton tower. It was some type of building maintenance/security; they were talking about turning on an elevator. I enabled radio ID and will try to get one.

Tags
700 mhz, central ohio, clark county, dayton, elyria, fayette county, london, lorain county, marcs, marcs p25, marcs-ip, ohio, ohio marcs cuyahoga, southwest ohio, springfield, sticky, urbana, washington ch