Ohio MARCS - Ashtabula County Receiving Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3KGD

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9650/5.0.0.975 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a Uniden Bearcat BCT-15X scanner and have attempted to program a portion of the Ohio MARCS system on it.

I am in Erie County, PA, just one county east of Ashtabula.

Most of the radio traffic in our county is conventional. There are a few trunked systems.

Here is my question: I would like to program the Ohio MARCS system into my scanner. I added the frequencies that are in the Ashtabula County area. I then programmed the talkgroups that I wished to listen to.

It seems that all I pickup is the data portion of the channels, I don't hear any radio traffic for the talkgroups I entered?

Does anyone know if I need to enter all of the frequencies into the Site plan, or is there a setting I overlooked? Perhaps I just programmed it wrong.

Any and all help is appreciated.

PS: I used Freescan to program the radio.

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
You will need a Digital Scanner to listen to MARCS that Uniden is analog only.

N3KGD

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9650/5.0.0.975 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

AMDXP, thank you for your response. I just realized that the voice signals were in the APCO 25 Common Air Interface as opposed to analog even though it uses the Motorola Type II Trunking system.

Looks like I'll go without it until I get a 996XT, or listen to it online.

Thanks for pointing that out to me!

- Nick

Nasby

Radio Shack has the PRO-106 digital trunking scanner on sale in their stores for only $249.00. It picks up Ohio MARCS wonderfully!

jerk

...unless you live near a Nextel tower (then it becomes a total nightmare).

For you perhaps, but I've sat under many towers including cell one and have good reception.
But Nextel is changing frequencies which will help... regardless the Pro-106 is great scanner and a heck of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.