OSP Post 47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike-KC8OWL

I recently noticed that OSP P47 is calling to and being dispatched by SANDUSKY rather than MEDINA. Is anyone aware of the reason for the change or have any additional detail on it?

Thanks

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I recently noticed that OSP P47 is calling to and being dispatched by SANDUSKY rather than MEDINA. Is anyone aware of the reason for the change or have any additional detail on it?

Thanks

I don't have a definite answer for you. But a few years ago when the OSP implemented their consolidated dispatch, many of us had been aware of various posts whose dispatch was consolidated at a single post. That information is listed in the Wiki at this URL:

Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSP) (OH) - The RadioReference Wiki

It is perfectly plausible that P47 Elyria has been incorporated into the consolidated dispatch operations already taking place by Sandusky (which also was dispatching for Fremont at that time).

Might want to look online for some articles in local newspapers in that vicinity that may talk about consolidated dispatch / consolidating dispatch operations. That's how much of the information was found out early on.

We also need to figure out if Ashland, Medina, Wooster and Massilon are conslidated in any one [all together, split, whatever].

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Although, with the above said, that would seem to indicate that reorganization of districts in some way would have taken place, since P47 Elyria / Lorain is District 3 and Sandusky was in District 2. At least that's how they were.

So, does anybody know if any district reorganization has taken place? If not, then perhaps Elyria/Lorain being dispatched by Sandusky is only a temporary thing.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Actually, the more I read online, I suspect that much of that wiki article [which i originally created with help from others] is out of date with many things changed. So don't trust anything you see in there at this point, even though there is some correct info.

Mike

lorain co osp

you can monitor 155.445 pl-146.2 lorain county state patrol do a lot of talking on this old channel it was their old dispatch frequency before moving to marcs.i live close to brookpark and state and here them talking a lot when working I-480 doing traffic.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
you can monitor 155.445 pl-146.2 lorain county state patrol do a lot of talking on this old channel it was their old dispatch frequency before moving to marcs.i live close to brookpark and state and here them talking a lot when working I-480 doing traffic.

What kind of things do they talk about? is this base<-->mobile communication that one would expecton MARCS? Is it simulcast on MARCS [or do you know]? I don't see it in the DB for Lorain Co, but i see the license. Might be a useful frequency to have in the RRDB if we have a description / idea of users for it.

Mike

Mylan

Feed Provider
I was reading an issue of "the flying wheel" (a publication on the OSHP site) the other day and I remember reading something about posts and dispatching... The information wasn't word for word in black and white but i was able to figure out who did what pretty easily... problem is I don't remember the specifics of those districts and I read several different issues of that publication so I can't remember which one it was in...

i dont here the base just car-2-car talk.its like their chat channel with out going threw marcs.i drive to marrietta ohio a lot i volunteer for beverly-waterford rescue i drive a squad their and the osp by cambridge talk on 155.445 pl-136.5 its like a chat channel is all i can tell you.

dave

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
i dont here the base just car-2-car talk.its like their chat channel with out going threw marcs.i drive to marrietta ohio a lot i volunteer for beverly-waterford rescue i drive a squad their and the osp by cambridge talk on 155.445 pl-136.5 its like a chat channel is all i can tell you.

dave

Any chance this is the scale operations? Where is that out on 70 where they have the scales? I think it's somewhere near Cambridge. Wondering if this is scale operations.

Up in Brookpark area, do they have a pull-off on the interstate where they weigh trucks?

Mike

your very welcome i was hopeing washington county osp had a pvt chat channel but when i'm down in beverly i never could find if thay use one their.

dave

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Last Sunday the Sandusky radio ID started showing up. I still see plenty of Lorain dispatches still coming from Medina dispatch radio ID's as well. Troopers are responding to both "Medina" and "Sandusky".

hoser147

Actually, the more I read online, I suspect that much of that wiki article [which i originally created with help from others] is out of date with many things changed. So don't trust anything you see in there at this point, even though there is some correct info.

Mike

District 5s info is correct at this point Mike.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Last Sunday the Sandusky radio ID started showing up. I still see plenty of Lorain dispatches still coming from Medina dispatch radio ID's as well. Troopers are responding to both "Medina" and "Sandusky".

Remember, OSP does make regular use of talkgroup patches, especially when the dispatcher at one post is off sick and another post has to take over. This is very possibly what you're hearing.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
You can often hear Sandusky and Medina dispatching to Lorain area troopers during the same shift. In fact a few times Medina has dispatched with the trooper then giving his disposition to Sandusky. I think there is more to it than someone being off sick. If resources were the issue would they not load level within thier own district?

JFDoering

Dispatching

In the April-June 2011 issue of "The Flying Wheel," Colonel John Born stated a final decision had been made on dispatching: "Each District will operate with three Dispatching Posts. Districts Two, Three, Four and Eight will require no changes. Districts One and Seven will add one Dispatching Post while District Nine will add two Dispatching Posts. Districts Five and Six will reduce by one Dispatching Post. The CICC and
Turnpike Dispatch will continue to operate separate from these changes."

Status
Not open for further replies.