Brunswick Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davef1982

I was monitoring Brunswick Ohio police around 2pm on May 14th. At that time, I heard an officer tell the dispatcher "go to 6". I don't see anything listed for that in the database. Any ideas on the frequency for what I assume is channel 6?

D

davef1982

I checked the FCC database, and the only frequencies listed there are the ones that are already here on RR.

Mike-KC8OWL

I have heard references to "ch. 6" as well in the past and have not been able to nail down the freq. I live in Medina Co but not in Brunswick or even an adjoining city. I'm not sure if you live close enough but do you monitor the input frequency to the known repeater pairs? It is possible that "6" may be one of the input frequencies with a different tone on it.

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
I was monitoring Brunswick Ohio police around 2pm on May 14th. At that time, I heard an officer tell the dispatcher "go to 6". I don't see anything listed for that in the database. Any ideas on the frequency for what I assume is channel 6?

Just a thought. A simplex channel ( non repeater ) , that goes through the tower. It does not go thorugh the repeater...so unless you were close ; you would not hear it. Signal goes from the police cruiser to the tower , and into a phone line / fiber optic cable , to the dispatch center. Dispatch transmits - then it goes in reverse - to the antenna on the tower. Again , if you were not close you would not hear it.

A slight...slight possibility. It could be another city entity frequency , such as the public works frequency , since it was on a Saturday. Just an idea.

FF - Medic !!!

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Hi, You could set up a search around the frequency range that this agency normally uses. They may have an old frequency still in use or may use a street dept. or other city channel. Of course "go to 6" could mean anything. It could mean go to Nextel. In the old days we used something like that to switch to CB. If it were me I would find a friendly looking officer and strike up a casual conversation and flat out ask them. When i was on the street I always enjoyed talking to scanner enthusiast and recall driving through town on an emergency call and seeing residents standing in their yards with a scanner in their hand. Keeps you honest when the people that pay your salary are listening to you work.

D

davef1982

Thanks to all who replied! I will try all of those things next time I am in the area and hear them mention channel 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.