Perry Township PD - Stark County

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8jkc

Sounds like Perry Township PD has begun the switchover process to MotoTRBO this afternoon, they are running standard ops on the PD West Talkgroup on the 800 system while a few units are testing radio coverage on their VHF channel.

You can listen to it using a discriminator tapped scanner and the DSD software, mentioned elsewhere on the radioreference site... That's how I'm listening in...

petabyte

Did they finally make the switch? I hear what sounds like digital on their VHF channel , but it's not decoding on my 396xt. I also noticed there is a new feed for them....

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Did they finally make the switch? I hear what sounds like digital on their VHF channel , but it's not decoding on my 396xt. I also noticed there is a new feed for them....

Scanners can not decode MOTOTRBO.

Feed notes from the hew feed:

Feed is using a discriminator tapped Uniden BC760XLT scanner on 155.130mhz, fed through the DSD software to decode MotoTRBO.

Due to the nature of this setup, the audio may sound distorted, or not properly decode at times.

Perry Township PD switched over to MotoTRBO on July 17th 2012.

N8NCX

Premium Subscriber
Scanners can not decode MOTOTRBO.

Feed notes from the hew feed:

Feed is using a discriminator tapped Uniden BC760XLT scanner on 155.130mhz, fed through the DSD software to decode MotoTRBO.

Due to the nature of this setup, the audio may sound distorted, or not properly decode at times.

Perry Township PD switched over to MotoTRBO on July 17th 2012.
So the switch is just to TBRO on their regular VHF frequency? TBRO is TDMA so it makes sense to tap
at the radio discriminator and feed it through a TDMA demodulator. Is this permanent? And are they using the Stark Count-Wide trunked system as a backup? W8JCK mentions PD West TG, I don't remember seing that on the Stark reference here. Anyone got a bit more info? I don't listen to Perry but am curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.