RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Ohio Radio Discussion Forum

Ohio Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Ohio.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 12:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default TG56367 Brookpark Squads

I have been monitoring Squad dispatching on TG56367 today. The area's for the dispatches (example: Fry Road) are in Brookpark.

I've heard dispatches for Squad 3 and Squad 4.
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2013, 5:06 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Greater Cleveland Radio Communication Network

The name of the system discussed in this thread has been changed from City of Cleveland Project 25 System to Greater Cleveland Radio Communication Network in the database.

I have requested that a moderator consider changing the name of this thread as well. That may or may not happen and is not up to me.

Mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:03 PM

Default cleveland new p25 radio

hello here i have? why book park PD and FD go to the new cleveland P25 radio why can say on southwest radio
net work???
Old 11-21-2013, 12:20 PM

I was wondering why all those interoperability talkgroups are labeled as regions. You mean to tell me that there are 15 regions in this county? Is so, does anybody know what cities are in what region. I thought that tbe only "regions" were Southwest, Westshore, Cleveveland, Brahtenhal, Chagrin and Hillcrest. Did I miss any?
Old 11-21-2013, 12:26 PM

Cool

I thought that the SWRCN and Strongsville EDACS frequencies were to be merged into tbe Cleveland TRS. Are there enough frequncies for all the 'burbs to join? Also wasn't the purpose of Ohio building a County system for Cuyahoga County as a radio system for all county cities to use? If so why is Cleveland doing this after Ohio already did it?
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2013, 6:45 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJurekMrJerry View Post
I thought that the SWRCN and Strongsville EDACS frequencies were to be merged into tbe Cleveland TRS. Are there enough frequncies for all the 'burbs to join? Also wasn't the purpose of Ohio building a County system for Cuyahoga County as a radio system for all county cities to use? If so why is Cleveland doing this after Ohio already did it?
This is my take as to the decision process that has taken place.

The City of Cleveland, Cuyahoga County and MARCS (State of Ohio) have been working together on the move to P25 systems for roughly the last decade. A big part of this process was determining the best design to get access to the maximum amount of Federal funds. In other words, provide the maximum usability/functionality while keeping local community costs as low as possible.

It was decided that MARCS (acting on behalf of County County) and the City of Cleveland would both apply for the federal funds for P25 controllers and infrastructure upgrade costs. Both received Federal grants and both ordered P25 controllers.

While the federal funding process was running its course; MARCS, Cuyahoga County and Cleveland were discussing deployment options.

Factors affecting the deployment decision.
1. Cleveland due to its size warranted its own system (P25 controller).
2. Several Cuyahoga County communities owned or were part of existing trunked radio systems (SWRCN and Parma).
3. Many of Cuyahoga County's East Side Communities had mutual aid pacts with Western communities in Lake and Geauga County's.
4. Lake and Geauga County's which had their own trunk systems, were talking with MARCS regarding possible mergers/upgrades to MARCS P25 systems.
5. MARCS, Cuyahoga County and Cleveland decided that the disposition of the Federal Grant dollars awarded for infrastructure upgrades would be handled by a joint Cuyahoga County and Cleveland committee. Funds would awarded only to communities joining MARCS or Cleveland's P25 systems. No money was to be awarded for narrow banding existing stand-alone systems.

The outcome is what we have today. The Cuyahoga County controller went to Columbus to become a MARCS Zone controller. Cuyahoga County is part of that ZONE.

Cleveland deployed its controller (P25 system), offering services to local communities.

Lake and Geauga County's both merged with MARCS. The Cuyahoga County East Side Communities with mutual aid to Lake and Geauga County's went to MARCS.

The MARCS and Cleveland P25 systems have multiple links (patches) for interop use.

Finally the last factor, ongoing operating costs. MARCS is roughly $20 per month per radio. Cleveland is $5 to $8 per month per radio.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:15 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default TG56427 N. Royalton PD Dispatch

This morning I have been monitoring North Royalton PD Dispatch on TG56427. Radio ID's are 1878xxx and 1872xxx
Old 11-24-2013, 8:46 AM

Default TG56489

Yesterday I heard talk on this group from Parma Hts and it sounded like they were the service dept. talking about trunks being ready to go out.
Also got TG56407 and it sounds like it could be Parma Hts. new TAC channel and it was encryped of course as their old one was.

Maybe somebody can confirm these.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:43 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleb49 View Post
Yesterday I heard talk on this group from Parma Hts and it sounded like they were the service dept. talking about trunks being ready to go out.
Also got TG56407 and it sounds like it could be Parma Hts. new TAC channel and it was encryped of course as their old one was.

Maybe somebody can confirm these.
Daleb9,

I can confirm that TG56489 is Parma Hts. Svc Dept. Go a head and do a submission.

Regarding TG56407, I've been monitoring it for the last week. I was leaning towards Middleburg Hts. based on the following. Last week I heard an exchange on Brook Park PD's Dispatch TG that went something like this:

Dispatch to a patrol car, "Can you check out ******.
Patrol car response, I'm going to talk to Middleburg about that.

Next my scanner went to TG56407, several encrypted exchanges. Then my scanner went back to the Brook Park Dispatch TG.

Patrol Car to Dispatch, I just talked to Middleburg, they are going to handle it. Dispatch acknowledge.

I know that's far from conclusive, but it was my best lead. Still, just not enough for me to warrant a submission.

FYI, I haven't monitored Parma's P25 system (where Parma Hts. PD was last heard) for a while. As I'm typing this I just switched the Parma P25 bank on. I'll let you know if I hear Parma Hts PD on Parma's P25 system.

Ok, that didn't take long. I just heard Parma Hts. PD on Parma's P25 system. So I doubt that they have moved yet. One other note, the Parma Hts. PD Radio ID's are 1806xxx. The Parma Hts. PD Dispatch console is 1806100. So look for the Radio ID's on the encrypted TG to see if they match Parma Hts. radio's.

Last edited by budevans; 11-24-2013 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: Just got a Parma Hts PD hit on Parma P25 system
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2013, 12:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default TG 56427

Bud I can confirm TG 56427 as North Royalton PD. Heard them use the call sign 864 last night so I think it safe to submit. Iím going to go ahead and do that if not done already. Maybe it can get into the database in time for the Monday HP update.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:18 PM

Bud I will check that out and I did submit Parma Hts Service dept.
Thanks for all you good information you keep us all well up to date.
I'm new to the group and trying to help where I can.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonya View Post
Bud I can confirm TG 56427 as North Royalton PD. Heard them use the call sign 864 last night so I think it safe to submit. Iím going to go ahead and do that if not done already. Maybe it can get into the database in time for the Monday HP update.
Was added two days ago.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:34 PM

Looking back on my log for the 22nd I found Radio ID for trunk group 56407 as 1871000
Old 11-24-2013, 4:26 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I logged a bunch of 1871xxx IDs from unitrunker on 56407 as well. Was thinking maybe Strongsville pd related since the 71 agency number, but still having encrypted Strongsville pd dispatch activity on SWRCN. If middleburg heights pd was on SWRCN till just recently that would be a good candidate, since I have seen nothing from their pd on SWRCN the past couple days. Interesting to be in town for the impending death of SWCRN, will see how quickly the remaining fire departments move over the the greater Cleveland system.

And funny seeing Parma heights service dept on greater Cleveland, police on Parma system, fire on SWRCN. Curious if Parma heights pd will come over the greater Cleveland system eventually, I did have a number of their 1806xxx Parma heights pd radio IDs logged on the Cleveland system.

NW Ohio Live Services: http://nwohio-liveservices.dyndns.org/ (Live Scanner and more!) - Hobbyist web log: http://jeffreypryor.blogspot.com/
Old 11-24-2013, 4:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default TG-56580

I logged a couple of hits of TG 56580 Saturday night. Judging by the addresses used and the terminology I would tag it as CMHA-Ch-3. Going to wait a little before submitting.
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2013, 6:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default TG56580

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonya View Post
I logged a couple of hits of TG 56580 Saturday night. Judging by the addresses used and the terminology I would tag it as CMHA-Ch-3. Going to wait a little before submitting.
Tonya,

I agree with you, 56580 is CMHA traffic. I just don't know what to label it.
Here's what I've monitored in that TG range.

56576 CMHA Disp 1586 hits (currently locked out)
56577 CMHA CH2 34 hits (currently locked out)
56578 CMHA ? 5 hits (still monitoring)
56580 CMHA ?? 211 hits (still monitoring)

TG56576 (Dispatch) was easily identified. TG56577 was also easily identified, dispatch makes a call to go to channel 2 for roll call during shift changes.

TG56580, I haven't heard any thing specific to give it a name (CH3, TAC, ???). TG56578 barely has any traffic. I locked out 56576 & 56577 to make it easier to catch traffic on the other two.

Last edited by budevans; 11-24-2013 at 6:29 PM.. Reason: fixed typo
Old 11-24-2013, 8:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Bud , for sure CMHA but not sure either how to tag. Did sound like a tac ch. I did here a reference to CH-3 but not 100% sure that was the ch they were on. My car is in for service for a couple of days so I’m going to dedicate that radio for discovery!! New stuff every week!!
Old 11-24-2013, 10:39 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

56427 North Royalton Police
56407 Middleburg Heights Police
56500 Parma Heights Police
Old 11-25-2013, 5:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
The name of the system discussed in this thread has been changed from City of Cleveland Project 25 System to Greater Cleveland Radio Communication Network in the database.

Mike
Will this cause the various softwares to download the system as a new system rather than updating the old listing?
Old 11-25-2013, 7:09 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster77 View Post
Will this cause the various softwares to download the system as a new system rather than updating the old listing?
In UniTrunker it just updated the name without problem.

Tags