Kettering PD Fire and EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcf

What are the current active frequencies for Kettering PD, Fire and EMS?

The RR database shows that KPD is on the Montgomery Co. trunked system but I never hear anything on it for Kettering. I have also tried the non-trunked frequency listed and I don't hear anything on it either.

I searched the forum for this topic but everything I found was at least 5 years old. So I'm looking for more current information.

I also been having the same results for Riverside.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
What are the current active frequencies for Kettering PD, Fire and EMS?

The RR database shows that KPD is on the Montgomery Co. trunked system but I never hear anything on it for Kettering. I have also tried the non-trunked frequency listed and I don't hear anything on it either.

I searched the forum for this topic but everything I found was at least 5 years old. So I'm looking for more current information.

I also been having the same results for Riverside.

Both Kettering and Riverside are on the Montgomery County system
as listed in the database. Kettering Fire still tones out on 154.2350.
The Kettering Police repeater on 155.4900 is active, but never used anymore. Police strictly use the trunk system.

What scanner are you using? Montgomery County just rebanded last month and some of the early generation of Trunktracking scanners will no longer track the system properly. Make sure you have the new frequencies in.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I'm using a BCT15x which is three weeks old and is my first trunking scanner.

Are you using any scanner programming for programming the system or by hand? If doing a download from this site all settings are automatic aand there should be nothing else you need to do.

If programming manually, you will need to use software and make sure the Custom Tables are set correctly. Follow the instructions as posted in this thread last month:

http://forums.radioreference.com/oh...orum/210699-montgomery-county-rebandng-3.html

jackcf

If programming manually, you will need to use software and make sure the Custom Tables are set correctly. Follow the instructions as posted in this thread last month:

http://forums.radioreference.com/oh...orum/210699-montgomery-county-rebandng-3.html

After reading through the thread and a little more snooping around I discovered that I could change the band plans 1 and 2 for rebanded Motorola systems. I did that manually, i.e. I used no software, for the Montgomery County Primary Site and right away I received Riverside PD and the county Sheriff too. Then a few minutes later I got the Kettering fire and police.

I think it's working now. :)

I checked the Dayton site in the Montgomery County System and from the best I can tell it has not been rebanded yet. Is my understanding correct? That would explain why I was getting Dayton traffic and nothing for the Sheriff since the Sheriff is in the Primary site like Kettering and Riverside.

Thanks for the tip.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I checked the Dayton site in the Montgomery County System and from the best I can tell it has not been rebanded yet. Is my understanding correct? That would explain why I was getting Dayton traffic and nothing for the Sheriff since the Sheriff is in the Primary site like Kettering and Riverside.

Thanks for the tip.

I'm not sure what you are referring to here. The City of Dayton system is a completely separate system from Montgomery County.

For scanning purposes there is only 1 Primary site for Montgomery County.
Dayton has not completed rebanding yet. What you will hear on the Dayton system is all city agencies, the airport and the City of Oakwood. Every other agency in the county is on the Montgomery County system with the exception of Phillipsburg and New Lebanon Fire/EMS.

I suggest you click on the 'Wiki' tab for Montgomery County and that will give you a better idea of how the county communications work.

jackcf

I'm not sure what you are referring to here. The City of Dayton system is a completely separate system from Montgomery County.

For scanning purposes there is only 1 Primary site for Montgomery County.
Dayton has not completed rebanding yet. What you will hear on the Dayton system is all city agencies, the airport and the City of Oakwood. Every other agency in the county is on the Montgomery County system with the exception of Phillipsburg and New Lebanon Fire/EMS.

That's what I thought.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.