What up with Greene county primary site

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcf

The RR DB for Greene county EDACS primary site had duplicate frequencies and it was changed last week eliminating the duplicates. I thought this solved the issue I had not being able to enter duplicate frequencies. In the last 24 hrs. the DB was changed again and now the duplicate frequencies are back.

When I originally ask about this I got conflicting answers about the duplicates. Some said an EDACS system cannot have duplicates and others said it was correct and it was set up with duplicates by the owner. Since I am new to this it's getting a bit confusing as to what is the correct information I need to use to up my BCT15x.

What's the deal with this?

ibagli

There's still a duplicate frequency. Now it's 7 and 9 (858.1625) instead of 5 and 7.

TedRHayes

I've been monitoring/analyzing the Greene County EDACS system, particularly the "Primary (Rebanded)" site for the last couple of weeks. Have been using several different scanners and been doing quite a bit of analysis with HomePatrol-1E. Here's what I can say about the "Primary" site to date (though there are still some unknowns):

The majority of the time the Primary site only uses LCNs 1-5, during periods of high activity, LCNs above 5 are assigned. I've seen the Control Channel on LCN 1 and LCN 3 (not sure how often they rotate, and which other LCNs may be used). I have high confidence that the frequencies for LCNs 1-5 in the RRDB (as of the 5-7-2012 change) are correct.

During the periods of high activity the Control Channel activity logs have shown assignments to LCNs 6, 8, & 9 (plus a one-time assignment of LCN 12?). Have not observed any assignments to LCN 7 or 10. (Note: have only monitored for short periods of time, 2-3 hrs, several different times - not practical to monitor continuously). I'm pretty sure the frequencies for LCNs 6, 8, & 9 are correct; don't really know about LCNs 7 & 10.

My research has revealed 4 different FCC Call Signs which I believe are related to the overall Greene County EDACS system: WPYE457, WNZB282, WNPO350, and WPUG600

It's not readily apparent from the license data which frequencies are allocated to which logical EDACS "Site" (i.e., Control Channel) - there are multiple physical locations with fixed antennas simulcasting on the same frequencies. The system is further complicated by mixed government/business use.

Should anyone have additional data/information about the system they can share with me it might help my analysis. Any inputs on this thread or through private message would be appreciated.

I'll post my analysis results to this thread as I have time, and share my findings with the RR administrators.

Ted

Yep, your right, good catch.

Isn't there ANYBODY in Greene Co. who monitors this system and has the CORRECT information?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I made the latest updates last night from an anonymous contributor who stated they had gotten the information from a system administrator.
So I went ahead and made the changes.

One of the things about this system, when WS Electronics (aka Michael A. Wolf DBA) originally set it up it included several businesses in Greene County (and I believe it still does), that would only use the last three LCN channels in the frequency set up. That may be what is really throwing us off, and listening during normal business hours 9-5, may be the best chance to figure out exactly how this system is working.

TedRHayes

Mark,

I did a mobile excursion through Greene County earlier today collecting more data. Every thing I observed is consistent with your latest changes (except for Control Channels - see below).

I guess the duplicate frequencies for LCNs 7 and 9 for the Primary Site and for LCN 10 Primary Site and LCN 7 Xenia Site may be part of the system configuration related to the shared Business use.

My observations on the Control Channels are not consistent with what is now listed in the RRDB. As of this moment, the Control Channel for the "Primary (Rebanded)" site is LCN 3, and for the "Xenia (Rebanded)" site is LCN 1. I don't think for most scanners it matters that much as long as all the LCN frequency assignments are correct - any of the LCN frequencies could potentially be used for the Control Channel on an EDACS system I think.

I'll continue to monitor/analyze the Greene County EDACS to confirm the configuration. The relatively infrequent use of the higher LCNs and Business activity make it difficult to determine the configuration strictly by monitoring. Been an interesting experience.

Think we are closer to having the correct data, thanks for your efforts.

Ted

I made the latest updates last night from an anonymous contributor who stated they had gotten the information from a system administrator.
So I went ahead and made the changes.

One of the things about this system, when WS Electronics (aka Michael A. Wolf DBA) originally set it up it included several businesses in Greene County (and I believe it still does), that would only use the last three LCN channels in the frequency set up. That may be what is really throwing us off, and listening during normal business hours 9-5, may be the best chance to figure out exactly how this system is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.