Alliance PD & FD (Stark Co) switching radio systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8jkc

Via the Alliance PD facebook page:

The Smith Township Police Department will begin being dispatched by the Sebring Police Department on JUNE 29th at 11am rather than June 30th as previously posted.
The Alliance Police Department and Fire Department are upgrading our radio systems to a digital scheme that will provide us with direct communication with the Stark County Sheriff, State Highway Patrol, and other county fire departments and have coverage on our portable radios all over Stark County and into surrounding counties rather than just having coverage in the local Alliance area. This was done due to FCC requirements regarding analog systems that go into effect Dec 31st of this year.
Smith Twp. will remain analog on Sebring’s system. Sebring has already been answering 911 calls for Smith Twp. for several years now. The phone number for police services in Smith Twp. will remain the same – it will ring into Sebring Dispatch after the changeover. Those who monitor Smith Twp. on the scanner over our frequency will need to switch over to Sebring’s. Alliance might not be available over most scanners when we finish our upgrade. It may be available over the computer or iPod/Android apps though.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....189394574416282.40004.189393014416438&type=1

Possibly going to MARCS or the Stark 800 system...

K8TOB

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have and update as to what may happen with Alliance?

I noticed I hadn't heard anything for awhile from Alliance PD, On both the BCT15x and Pro197, I had to remove the PL of 162.2. Is there an update on the PL?

K8TOB

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the interruption...I see that AlliancePD was added to the Canton/Stark 800 system on 10-3-12.
Back to your regularly scheduled program...

lfdbullfrog14

Premium Subscriber
To listen to apd/afd on their new 800mhz frequency do i need a digital scanner or is that the same thing as any 800mhz scanner?

Nasby

@Bullfrog,
You will need a digital scanner for Alliance PD/FD.
Fortunately, good used digital scanners like the PRO-96 can be found for around $200.00 or less.
And Radio Shack often has nice sales this time of year on their digital scanners as well.

w8jkc

Folks, just an update....

I have submitted the following TG's to the DB for inclusion.

Canton/Stark County Trunking System, Canton, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

20048 - Alliance FD 1 - Digital
20080 - Alliance FD 2 - Digital

Alliance FD has been using these alot in the last 24 hours or so...

18000 is already listed as Alliance PD - Digital
18032 should be Alliance PD 2 - Digital, but it has yet to be confirmed and submitted.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I prefer consistency over random number generation. It makes talkgroup hunting so much easier when agencies use a set of talkgroups that are all in a row.

Thanks for the update Justin! Looks like I'll have to update the HP-1 with Monday's data update. Alliance is far enough that I could only get them from the county-wide system.

I added a link to Stark 800 under Alliance's subcategory on the main Stark County RRDB page.

Status
Not open for further replies.