Lake County, Madison Twp

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil509

Premium Subscriber
Madison Twp PD has been silent for about 36 hours. Does anyone know what might be going on?

kc8rak

Around 9:30 MOnday night their was a bunch of tech people on tac 3 on the Lake system. Talking about Madison and how Madison was having a lot of radio issues. They said something about some kind of switch over on the 29th. I only heard about 20 mins of chatting so that is all i heard. Not sure if this helps.

John

phil509

Premium Subscriber
OK, Thats a lead anyway. In the past month or so, the PD units regularly complained to dispatch about MDT's not working, and radio transmissions being mostly artifacts. Perhaps LC telecom is in diagnostic mode with this talk group. I just wonder where/what the backup is. Thanks for the info, please post any updates if you hear anything.

73, DE W8XLR

GHF

Pd madison

I beleive that madison pd has moved to the new ohio marcs project 25 system

tg 27509

not confirmed or submitted yet.

Also fd perry/ madison may have also moved to the new system

tg27554

not confirmed or submitted yet.

rr1965

I can't comment on Madison PD, but I did hear radio checks from Central to Madison FD and Perry FD yesterday afternoon on the Lake Co. 800 TRS. Geneva radio checked as well on the Madison/Perry FD talkgroup. I have a Pro-96 right now so I cannot follow the Lake Co. Simulcast testing. Holding out as long as I can until the county makes the switch. Maybe that's sooner than later.

I will listen to both Madison FD and PD talkgroups tonight and let you know what I hear.

ONA73

They are indeed on the new system due to a malfunction of the old. Whole county switching in a week.

phil509

Premium Subscriber
OK then, thanks for the info! I think I have my PRO-106 working properly and recognizing the new System. I can confirm that 27509 is the new ID for Madison TWP/Village PD. A question for anyone fimilliar with the '106; For system type, do I want P25 manual or P25 auto, or does it matter? I have it set for auto and seems fine. Signal strength is full scale - antenna is a discone @ 30ft, so I guess Im good to go... Thanks again guys!

73 DE Phil/W8XLR

GHF

I use a Pro 197 and have set to P25 Auto

works just fine there

GHF

Madison PD now on TG 27509

Perry/ Madison FD now on TG 27554

Status
Not open for further replies.