clark county 800mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyishere

Has anyone heard any news on the radio system the Clark county sheriffs office will be? I'm aware that it is 800mhz but will it be encrypted? Also heard that city might go to MARCs? Please let me know! Thanks

bigbud42010

Yes the sheriff will soon be on 800Mhz Ohio MARCS i talked to a sheriff buddy of mine and he said they go digital Nov 1st and that they should have 3 channel's 1-Disp=Clear (2-Tac-1 and 3-Tac-2)=Encrypted

And yes they city of springfield is using a soon to be outdated system but i haven't heard anything about them switching yet!!! Hopefully not that soon i decode their provoice system

andyishere

As long as dispatch is clear I'll be happy. I haven't had a chance to ask any of my buddies on the SO lately, every time I am with them I forget to ask. Also I will ask some of the people I know on the City and I'll report my findings on here!

budevans

Yes the sheriff will soon be on 800Mhz Ohio MARCS i talked to a sheriff buddy of mine and he said they go digital Nov 1st and that they should have 3 channel's 1-Disp=Clear (2-Tac-1 and 3-Tac-2)=Encrypted

And yes they city of springfield is using a soon to be outdated system but i haven't heard anything about them switching yet!!! Hopefully not that soon i decode their provoice system

Springfield and Clark County are mentioned in the following message about MARCS applying for 700 Mhz licenses. See the link.

http://forums.radioreference.com/oh...m/250953-marcs-ip-southwest-central-ohio.html

SCPD

QRT
pro voice

i was told the city would possibly be switching over to Marcs, now that they are going 700 maybe they will all join in and be there, but is it indeed monitorable??

SCPD

QRT
also since Pleasant fire switched over to narrow banding I can barely understand anything they say. Cant understand the switch since they worked so well with harmony why they would want to go to their own channle. As well as Green Twp Rescue 95 made a switch but ive heard nothing from that this week. Sure hop no other departments go NB, else my broadcast of such will dwindle and not make it worthwhile.
Ahh the good ole days of Crystal scanners.

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
Narrwo Band

All depts must narrow band by 1-1-2013.

You should check your receivers, most don't have that much problem with narrow band, some have low audio. Most newer scanners sound fine

SCPD

QRT
narrow banding

all of my scanners are too old to narrow band and I live near South Vienna and Catawba now is very hard to receive as off freq with clicking and low volume making it not understandable. I know the FCC mandated such but it really makes no sense other than have radio man. making all entities buy new equipment.
Now all Clark County departments are they gonna have to move around or will they stay where they are??
As for the new move to 700 trunking I am not sure the Bearcat 996 will trunk a 700 trunked which means another new scanner if and when they fo this route. Its like the old days with radar then detector and on and on....
so Ive ordered a new GRE 410 model from Amazon, see if it received better if not back it goes and Ill just chalk up listening to fire and SO as a hobby from the past!!

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
chill out on narrow banding

First off, it sounds like you do not know the true purpose of narrow banding, which is to ADD more frequencies within the given spectrum. All agencies using 150-512 MHz must narrow band their equipment by January 1, 2013, if not they will be subject to FCC action.
You can read more about it here: Narrow Banding

Second, all of the Clark County fire Departments have narrow banded already so most of the county is narrow banded. You can click on the license and look for the emission designation 11K2F3E which indicates they have or are in the process of narrow banding.

Your 996 will receive 700 MHz frequencies, just make sure you have the latest firmware installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.