RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Ohio Radio Discussion Forum

Ohio Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Ohio.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 7:24 PM

snjct2000. That would be a good idea to have someone else take a look at this thing. The previce owner set me up with all the channekls are here before I bought this scanner. And im just thinking something not correct. How can i get a hold of you to set up a time and place to work on this??
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2012, 7:02 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

POF
I sent you a private message.
Old 10-24-2012, 5:00 PM

Slightly off topic, did anyone see the article in the Record Publisher about a month or 2 ago about Portage County Sheriff switching to MARCS? just wondering if anyone had any info as to when the switch will occur?
Old 10-24-2012, 7:45 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

They have the green light from the commissioners to do what they need to do to go to MARCS.
I've heard that PCSO will be switching to fulltime MARCS sometime in the middle of 2013.
Old 10-24-2012, 8:44 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I know that the Portage Co FDs were approached to join in this venture and at this point seem to be committed to stay with the VHF systems. PCSO had indicated that they were moving to MARCS regardless.

In this proposal it was mentioned that the MARCS folks were prepared to add additional towers to improve coverage. Currently there is only the Shallersville tower in Portage Co but there are towers in all of the adjacent counties. When looking at the MARCS build-out presentation, there is no indication that there will be any new towers in Portage through 2016.

I can't imagine that this one tower will provide sufficient coverage where the other counties with similar geographic topography that have committed to MARCS have added multiple sites. I'm thinking there must be more in the works then I am aware of.
Sponsored links
Old 10-25-2012, 6:12 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

One thing they are planning to use are vehicle repeaters so that when an officer transmits on his portable, it hits the vehicle repeater that re-transmits the signal at a higher power output.