Waterville fire in lucas county fire tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

destrev1

I did i got the frequency it is transmitted on but need the a and b tone for pager. i bought a radio that has paging capabilities but dont know the tones. i have a regular pager but wanted to set up the radio to go off like it incase pager didnt go off.

ramkatral

Yea, but they have the tone frequencies also, because they are the ones that set them off.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Yea, but they have the tone frequencies also, because they are the ones that set them off.

But unlike radio frequencies which are freely available from the FCC and therefore are public information, pager tones are typically considered a system operational detail or intellectual property, are usually classified as public safety sensitive and as such not subject to release under a public records request.

If this radio is for a legitimate, authorized user of the system, the radio shop doing the programming should be able to obtain the information.

Alternatively the shop could use the tone finding capability of some freeware programs found on this site.

ramkatral

Hmm really? Didn't know that. Never realized it I guess. Locally, I'm on the FD and a first responder with EMS, so I took it for granted that I could just look up county tones lol.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Put your FTO in search mode, or hook up the audio to your computer using the FTO search info here.

jackj

There are a number of free programs that you can download that will tell you the frequency of a tone fed into the computer's sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.