Republic Waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtaman

For the last couple of days I've heard no activity on the Republic waster frequencies 462.1500mhz and 463.500mhz.

Did they change freqs? I ran the licenses and WPVS849 expired in October but they were still running on it. The KLE969 is valid until march. But I hear no activity on thier freqs. I'm wondering if they changed them for narrow banding or something does anyone have info on them?

Thanks

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
For the last couple of days I've heard no activity on the Republic waster frequencies 462.1500mhz and 463.500mhz.

Did they change freqs? I ran the licenses and WPVS849 expired in October but they were still running on it. The KLE969 is valid until march. But I hear no activity on thier freqs. I'm wondering if they changed them for narrow banding or something does anyone have info on them?

The narrow-banding deadline was at midnight Monday, so they may have shifted over to another system. It's also possible that they have just been quiet due to the holiday.

gtaman

The narrow-banding deadline was at midnight Monday, so they may have shifted over to another system. It's also possible that they have just been quiet due to the holiday.

That could be it. But I did heard them on dec 26th but that was the last.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
They always tripped my close call whenever I drove down Frank Rd.

They never narrowbanded their license and I see no other licenses on the FCC site.

The 463.500 license expired back in August and 462.150 expires in April.

They may have jumped on one of the existing LTR systems.

Last edited:

gtaman

They never narrowbanded their license and I see no other licenses on the FCC site.

Ill have to look into this time for more scanning.

jackj

License

They'd still need a license to use an existing system.

w8jkc

Try TG's 0-01-049, 0-01-051, and 0-01-053 on the Domer LTR system... Been hearing trash hauling operations on those for a few months, have not been able to confirm which company it is...

Last edited:

jackj

Sorry

The commercial LTR system would need the license. The users (as in customers) would not.

It doesn't work that way Bud, if you are going to use an existing LTR system licensed to another company then you need to get a license to use those frequencies.

gtaman

It doesn't work that way Bud, if you are going to use an existing LTR system licensed to another company then you need to get a license to use those frequencies.

Depending that's if they own a part and thier own equipment. If they rent it from the company that runs the LTR system as in they pay a fee. They do not need a license. I think it's this way I may be wrong.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

Incorrect; that requirement was eliminated years ago. Just as with 800 MHz frequencies, users of a trunked system can operate under the authority of the system license without obtaining a license of their own.

gtaman

Incorrect; that requirement was eliminated years ago. Just as with 800 MHz frequencies, users of a trunked system can operate under the authority of the system license without obtaining a license of their own.

That's what I was thinking. That's the reason why agencies pay to use trunked systems. If the user had to get thier own license then why pay to use the system.

jackj

I stand corrected. I didn't realize that I could get a TRS license and then lease slots to other businesses. That's kind of like a poor man's common carrier isn't it?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I stand corrected. I didn't realize that I could get a TRS license and then lease slots to other businesses. That's kind of like a poor man's common carrier isn't it?

Not really; pay-to-use business radio systems have been around for years, conventional or trunked.

gtaman

Many small companies and schools use pay to use systems. Some business don't have a lot of money and can't afford a license equipment tower etc.. It's a really nice thing. You pay a fee and most of the equipment is rent to own and they programm it for you. I personally would use these systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.