Toledo Police 10 Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohioguy452

Does anyone know what the newer disposition codes mean that the Toledo Police are using? I am referring to the newer codes like.. Code 11, 12, 21 and a few more.is there an updated list and the meaning?

Ohioguy452

I have these codes memorized already...

Disposition Codes:
A Arrest made
B Report taken
C Citation issued
D Warning issued
E Assistence given
F No action necesary
G Unable to locate
H Gone on arrival
I Cancel
N False alarm, warning issued
W False alarm, due to weather

Brevity Codes:
18 Dead on arrival
23 On scene
40 Hitting off at station
42 Off duty
46 Silent alarm
88 Officer needs help
89 Bomb threat
90 Hostage situation

Destination Codes:
204 Municipal garage/Gas station
212 Detective bureau
281 Records Section

But they are using new codes ( disposition and brevity codes ) like code 11, 21, 12 and more.. Anyone know what the new codes mean for Toledo Police?

Ohioguy452

they are using new codes ( disposition and brevity codes ) like code 11, 21, 12 and more.. Anyone know what the new codes mean for Toledo Police? No one knows these new codes?

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Obviously no one knows. This forum is helpful, but people have to have knowledge of something to share it. I'm sure many of the views are from your subject line that makes it look like you have posted new information that they are interested in. Be patient, the information you seek may become available later. Who knows, there may be someone working on getting the information right now.

Mike

Intellifax

Just a quick word on the "destination" codes mentioned above. Originally, those were merely extension numbers for the (real) old city police telephone system. They could also be dialed from the old call boxes the beat officers used. They have morphed into terms to specify certain offices within the city police. Add 257 for Juvenile Detectives, and there were so many more I don't recall off-hand. Might have a list of them still around here somewhere.

Then there were the terms "one for two twelve" (bringing one suspect to the detective bureau), "three for two five seven" (bringing 3 juveniles to the juvenile detectives), "one for five" (one male in custody for the city jail [which was on the 5th floor of the Safety Building]), "two for four" (bringing two females to the female section of the city jail [on the 4th floor]), and many more.

Those were the old days. :)

Ohioguy452

Maybe these new disposition/brevity codes ( 11,12,21 and the other new ones ) will be found on the Internet in time, but can't believe no one knows what they are yet.. I know all the old codes I have listed at the top, but these newer ones have me puzzled..

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Maybe these new disposition/brevity codes ( 11,12,21 and the other new ones ) will be found on the Internet in time, but can't believe no one knows what they are yet.. I know all the old codes I have listed at the top, but these newer ones have me puzzled..

Perhaps some people do know what they are, but they are either not a member of this forum, or are not in a position to divulge the information.

Don't push the issue; the information will probably surface sooner or later.

You might also consider doing a little research around home with local radio clubs and so on; you may find someone who knows. Some regular monitoring on your part could also give you clues as to meaning; in what context was the code given, and in relation to what sort of situation? That might give you more information than you think.

Ohioguy452

Toledo PD are using new codes ( disposition and brevity codes ) like code 11, 21, 12 and more.. Anyone know what the new codes mean for Toledo Police? There is also a code " Mway " which is new.. No one knows these new codes?

SCPD

QRT
... No one knows these new codes?...

You have asked many times and have had no answer so maybe no one knows. I've firgured out codes after just listening for a while. Some are quite obvious and others are not.

Wait and see if someone responds. This is not an instant response computer like in a TV show.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Toledo PD are using new codes ( disposition and brevity codes ) like code 11, 21, 12 and more.. Anyone know what the new codes mean for Toledo Police? There is also a code " Mway " which is new.. No one knows these new codes?

Ohioguy;

You keep repeating the same question over and over in various ways. Obviously either no one knows or they are not in a position to divulge the information.

Please stop asking the same question over and over again. If it keeps up I'll be forced to issue an infraction against you.

ToledoScanner

Sorry, no more info here either, but ya I have been hearing those additional numbers following traditional disposition codes for a year or so, must be some form of sub-disposition, was trying to make some sense to see if it indicated something like juvenile versus adult, or number of individuals involved, but not really clear or sure.

Ohioguy452

I think they have something to do with traffic stop dispositions... All of these seem to be associated with traffic stops, but still not sure the meaning yet..

SCPD

QRT
Maybe if you ask ten more times, it would help. I almost don't even want to reply because this is the most ridiculous post I've ever read in my years on this site.

These codes are used for racial & gender dispositions: "3-3-2 David 21", It means a warning was given to black male. "Charles 21" citation ect. Is this what you are referring to? Also, they're not "new" been in use for years, you just don't hear them too often.

Last edited:

Ohioguy452

The number part... I know what the dispositions stand for ( Adam = arrest, baker = crime report, etc). The numbers such as 21, 11, 12 and a few others is what I would like the definitions for.. I know they are related to traffic stops ( I don't hear the number codes on non traffic calls ).

Status
Not open for further replies.