RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Ohio Radio Discussion Forum

Ohio Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Ohio.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 9:32 AM

Tonya..Yes my firmware is 2.04
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2013, 9:35 AM

I have 2.04 firmware Tonya daatbase 4/8/13 I think that is correct..
Thanks
EL
Old 04-12-2013, 11:15 AM

Default Lakewood Ohio Marcs IP

Hello ..Is there anyone who monitors Lakewood PD on Ohio Marc Ip who is getting the receive ??

I use a Home Patrol-1 have it programed in but can not get the station to broadcast..

My Patrol is updated to latest version and has latest download......

if someone could look at their homepatrol under menu Display options and inform me of the setttings I would really appreciate that..

Mine are Display Options

Unit ID Display off
Motorola/P25 TGID Format :dec
EDACS TGID Format :dec

Someone suggested I ask as they thought mine might be set wrong... Thank you any help would be much appreciated.........
Old 04-12-2013, 3:40 PM

Default Lakewood Fire/Ems and Pd MARCS I/P

If you are receiving Lakewood on the Cuyahoga system but only in a garbled fashion, the problem could be due to your location. If you are in an area between towers, the problem could be the result of multisite simulcast distortion since you may be receiving traffic from more than one tower.

Depending upon where you are located, you may have better luck attempting to receive the Lakewood channels on the Lake County system.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:02 PM

Default Thanks

I will give the Lake County towers a shot... Shoot I even bought a new 25 to 1300 antenna no results gained..
Sponsored links
Old 04-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Technischer Guru
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowes1 View Post
If you are receiving Lakewood on the Cuyahoga system but only in a garbled fashion, the problem could be due to your location. If you are in an area between towers, the problem could be the result of multisite simulcast distortion since you may be receiving traffic from more than one tower.

Depending upon where you are located, you may have better luck attempting to receive the Lakewood channels on the Lake County system.
Remember, trying to hear them on the Lake County simulcast will only give mixed results. If someone on Lakewood talkgroup(s) is affiliated to the Lake County site, it should work OK as long as you can hear that site. But if no one is affiliated, the talkgroup(s) won't show up on Lake County.

It's still worth a try, but your results will certainly be mixed.
www.wa8pyr.info
If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 04-13-2013, 3:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I have my Motorola set to dec and my edicts st to afs however I set mine to hex and still received. Maybe a long shot but is your range set correctly.
Old 04-14-2013, 8:17 PM

Default Tonya

Yes I have tried all ranges, thanks for info I set my as yours is set.. appreciate info.
I was getting lake County broadcasts now I get nothing as of late.. Seems my marcs Ip is not functioning properly.

I am going to send it in to Uniden....
Old 04-14-2013, 9:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL View Post
Yes I have tried all ranges, thanks for info I set my as yours is set.. appreciate info.
I was getting lake County broadcasts now I get nothing as of late.. Seems my marcs Ip is not functioning properly.

I am going to send it in to Uniden....
EL,

If I was you, I'd down load the weekly HP updates tomorrow after noon. Just in case there was an issue with last weeks download. Then try monitoring MARCS-IP Cuyahoga and Lake Counties again.

If it's still not receiving I'd move the scanner to another location (room near a window) and try again.

Good luck

Bud
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 AM

Default Thanks Tonya

Will do as instructed about download and moving unit to different room.

oops should have been thanks budevans .. Thank you
Old 04-15-2013, 8:35 PM

Default Nope Lake County didn't work..

Thinking I may ned to switch radio companies for sure.. Any suggestions fro anyone in what I should look at for getting APco 25 and Marcs systems..
Old 04-15-2013, 8:43 PM

Default Moved unit..New Antenna and still no Marc Ip will come in on my Hp1

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I feel a change about to happen really quickly on Radios...
Old 04-15-2013, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Thinking I may ned to switch radio companies for sure.. Any suggestions fro anyone in what I should look at for getting APco 25 and Marcs systems..
Well other people are receiving that system ok. Maybe something is wrong with your particular radio. Maybe programming. Maybe hardware. Don't know exactly where you are located but there are people all over the area receiving ok. I'm using a BCD996XT and it's working fine for Cuyhoga county, western Lake and not so well with Geauga.
Old 04-16-2013, 8:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I feel a change about to happen really quickly on Radios...
Sounds like a good move. I just looked over the Uniden forum and found multiple threads from folks with problems with the HP-1 and P25 systems. The short version is, two distinct issue's related to P25 systems were being reported. Sorting out the message threads would be a challenge for experienced users. For newbie's good luck.

The first P25 issue deals with the recent firmware upgrade to 2.04.01. The fix for some folks was to revert to firmware 2.03.01.

The second issue dealt with the weekly download providing incorrect settings for P25 systems listed as X2-TDMA. Here's what was posted by a user regarding the Illinois P25 system:

HP-1 does not recognize a SYSTEM TYPE of P25 X2-TDMA and defaults to a Motorola 800/900 standard system instead. If it's defined as P25 X2-TDMA, then you must create a favorite list for Illinois P25 Starcom (substitute MARCS-IP) and make sure the SYSTEM TYPE is P25 STANDARD. Then scan the favorite list.

If you tried both of those fixes with no luck, then I'd agree with you. It's time to try another radio.
Old 04-24-2013, 5:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Question Reception of MARCS-IP in Lakewood OH

I recently purchased the GRE PSR 800 with the thought of listening to my local police and fire.
After 5 days of trying to get a clean signal I resort to the experts here.
Here's the scoop...
I've tried an amplified antenna 30 feet in the air, a discone in the attic, and traveling around the city using a Spectra mobile mount.
I can recieve Lakewood (and all other MARCS-IP transmitions) fine if I am out of the city but once within city limits the signal is either non existant or a garbled mess.
After reading the forum I understand the simulcast issue, being in the middle of 2 towers and getting both simulcast transmitions and the scanner not being able to listen to one.
This was confirmed with our fire marshal who seemed to be aware of the scanners having a hard time recieving the signal.
I have mounted a Yagi 700-1200 directional antenna about 25 feet off the ground.
I think I have the tower locations correct, (Justice Center and Hopkins Airport) with this setup the signal is better but still mostly garbled.
Can someone confirm the tower locations?
Is anyone having this issue in Lakewood? Or recieving the signals without issue?
What else can I do timprove my sisuation?
Thanks for any help.
Craig
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2013, 7:36 PM

Craig,

You have your towers mixed up. The towers you are referring to are the MARCS towers not the MARCs P-25 towers. Here are the P-25 tower locations

770 SOM CENTER ROAD
30825 EUCLID AVENUE
8032A Mayfield Road
4307 Green Road
1215 W 3RD ST
194 PEARL ROAD,
5300 RIVERSIDE DR
INT BLACK & BOSTON MILLS RD 2 MI N
I-90 & COLUMBIA RD INTERCHANGE
TOWPATH SERVICE PLAZA OHIO TPK
.3 MI S RIDGEWOOD DR .55 MI W 176
7560 CHAGRIN RD
STEARNS ROAD

John
Old 04-24-2013, 8:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Lakewood

My issue too but I'm using a HP-1. I live in Bratenahl which is right between the Wickliffe tower and the one at the JC.. I have to depend on my Diamond RH77CA antenna pointed east towards the Wickliffe tower. I have no other option. I'm getting the Cuy-IP-25 pretty good. From where I'm at I hear Solon, Westshore, Eastcom ,just about everything. But Lakewood gives me a problem. About 60% of the time it comes in very good. Better then when they were on the UHF and I can see the gold coast from where I live. But then it will go silent for hours? I too am looking for suggestions. On the HP can I shut down certain towers in my fav list like I do for the Ohio Marcs system. Off topic but I'm getting the Cleve. Ip really good. Don't even need an antenna.
Old 04-24-2013, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonya View Post
My issue too but I'm using a HP-1. I live in Bratenahl which is right between the Wickliffe tower and the one at the JC.. I have to depend on my Diamond RH77CA antenna pointed east towards the Wickliffe tower. I have no other option. I'm getting the Cuy-IP-25 pretty good. From where I'm at I hear Solon, Westshore, Eastcom ,just about everything. But Lakewood gives me a problem. About 60% of the time it comes in very good. Better then when they were on the UHF and I can see the gold coast from where I live. But then it will go silent for hours? I too am looking for suggestions. On the HP can I shut down certain towers in my fav list like I do for the Ohio Marcs system. Off topic but I'm getting the Cleve. Ip really good. Don't even need an antenna.
I have my Yagi pointed at the Pekin Rd Geauga Tower in Russell Twsp and get Lakewood 95% of the time quite clear (using GRE PSR 500 & 800). Just like real estate, location, location, location.
Old 04-25-2013, 1:01 AM

what are TGID they receiving? I have downloaded the DB from this site into a new 396xt and I get all kinds of stuff but nothing on Lakewood PD or FD and I am only a few blocks from the FD. New user so I could have misunderstood something, but I got Cleve Simulcast coming in, various RR, etc. from the DB seems just fine. Even scanned around I ran through entering some of the groups listed in the easy user manual myself before up loading the DB so I have a general idea of how the programming works. I found TG13570 for PD and 59685 for FD on this site and manually entered them. Any feedback is welcomed. I plan on trying again to reformat this weekend.
Old 04-25-2013, 1:12 AM

I just posted this on another board after realizing that this is a more recent thread. My bad, what are TGID they receiving? I have downloaded the DB from this site into a new 396xt and I get all kinds of stuff but nothing on Lakewood PD or FD and I am only a few blocks from the FD. Sounds like I might have the tower issue you guys are discussing because I am right in the center of Lakewood near the the high school. http://forums.radioreference.com/ohi...-marcs-ip.html Like I mentioned there only very new at this hobby and have much to learn so could just have it all programmed wrong. TIA