Columbus Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been listening from Canada, I was wondering why they dont seem to answer their pages to the calls and dont seem to talk to the dispatcher, only the automated pages we hear, are the regular comms channel locked out ?

gtaman

Been listening from Canada, I was wondering why they dont seem to answer their pages to the calls and dont seem to talk to the dispatcher, only the automated pages we hear, are the regular comms channel locked out ?

It depends on the feed. Our city is on a trunked radio system. The automated pages go out on one talkgroup. On the other talkgroups you will usually hear the dispatchers talking to units. I would talk to the feed provider and see what's going on. They should have most of the talkgroups being scanned. Also the auto dispatches could be taking up to much of the feed and by the time is over you may of missed the other talkgroups.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
There is a new "Columbus Fire/EMS Only" feed which is not as cluttered as the "All County Feed". You may want to give it a try.

Columbus Fire and EMS

When an incident is dispatched CADVoice® will assign a "talk group". All dispatched companies will respond on that talk group.

It will usually be one of the following, which are all on the feed:

9 EMS 1 - EMS Ops
10 ALPHA - Single Co Ops
BN1 FG - Fireground
BN2 FG - Fireground
BN3 FG - Fireground
BN4 FG - Fireground
BN5 FG - Fireground
BN6 FG - Fireground
BN7 FG - Fireground
9 FRWY - Freeway Incident Ops

Click on the Additional Feed Information Link for additional talk groups being scanned.

Last edited:

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
We mark status with an MDC. Usually don't need to use voice unless your having a connection issue or need something out of the ordinary. AVL even automatically marks us on-scene when we get close to the address.

Darrin kb8ecf

Sent from the trenches of Cbus on my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.