Franklin Co/ Columbus MARCS sudden change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guttapercha

Hi,

I noticed as of yesterday that I ceased hearing everything in my MARCS bank here in Franklin Co.
Did the rebanding take effect?

If so, I'd would really appreciate some direction for updating my scanner (PRO 2096).

Thank you,

Josh

SCPD

QRT
Yes indeed they rebanded. Check the RRDB and the sticky thread above. I can't help with your scanner but someone else here can I'm sure.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
They might have rebanded. You should tune to the following frequencies manually and see if you hear a control channel (24/7 data spew) on one of them:

IF you do hear a strong control channel one of those frequencies, then 712D-001 Columbus has been rebanded and you will need to update the frequencies for that site and modify your trunking tables.

If the control channel is on one of those frequencies, please let us know ASAP and we'll update the database.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Sorry I saw the 853 cc in the DB and though it was rebanded. The format listing of what is or was is different from the counties I am scanning. :(

Of course it it stopped working it probably did reband. :)

guttapercha

They might have rebanded. You should tune to the following frequencies manually and see if you hear a control channel (24/7 data spew) on one of them:

IF you do hear a strong control channel one of those frequencies, then 712D-001 Columbus has been rebanded and you will need to update the frequencies for that site and modify your trunking tables.

If the control channel is on one of those frequencies, please let us know ASAP and we'll update the database.

Mike

Thanks, all! Something actually changed in my scanner - still don't know what, but that's why I stopped hearing everything. Seems like the rebanding is going to hit the fan any day though.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks, all! Something actually changed in my scanner - still don't know what, but that's why I stopped hearing everything. Seems like the rebanding is going to hit the fan any day though.

Thanks for the update. I really didn't think Columbus would have been rebanded, for multiple reasons: (a) it's Saturday and (b) somebody would have already told us if it had been rebanded yesterday. But, ya never know.

At any rate, I'm glad to hear you got things straightened out now. Adjusting for the rebanding of 712D-001 won't be that difficult . Sure, all the frequencies will change and you'll need to modify your trunking tables, but you could do all of that ahead of time [by adding the appropriate likely new control channels and changing to the rebanded trunking tables]. If you did both of those ahead of time, you wouldn't miss a beat.

If I were monitoring 712D-001 regularly, I'd probably do this:

1. Add the following frequencies to the 712D-001 site [without removing any you currently have in]:

2. Change to the rebanded trunking tables (at least the full tables that are publicized)

If I did that, I'd be pretty confident that I wouldn't miss a beat monitoring 712D-001 before, during or after rebanding. Once I knew rebanding had been completed, I'd then go back and remove the old 866+ frequencies.

Then again, you could just simply wait til you don't hear anything.

Mike

guttapercha

Thanks for the update. I really didn't think Columbus would have been rebanded, for multiple reasons: (a) it's Saturday and (b) somebody would have already told us if it had been rebanded yesterday. But, ya never know.

At any rate, I'm glad to hear you got things straightened out now. Adjusting for the rebanding of 712D-001 won't be that difficult . Sure, all the frequencies will change and you'll need to modify your trunking tables, but you could do all of that ahead of time [by adding the appropriate likely new control channels and changing to the rebanded trunking tables]. If you did both of those ahead of time, you wouldn't miss a beat.

If I were monitoring 712D-001 regularly, I'd probably do this:

1. Add the following frequencies to the 712D-001 site [without removing any you currently have in]:

2. Change to the rebanded trunking tables (at least the full tables that are publicized)

If I did that, I'd be pretty confident that I wouldn't miss a beat monitoring 712D-001 before, during or after rebanding. Once I knew rebanding had been completed, I'd then go back and remove the old 866+ frequencies.

Then again, you could just simply wait til you don't hear anything.

Mike

This is sound advice. It sounds like I should put the rebanded system in a different bank and just have it ready to go. I'm not sure what happened with my scanner. I had to reprogram the control channel into a different memory and then it started working again. It's been working for 4 years with no issues.

I need to just pay the $30 for WIN96 so I can get at those rebanding tables. I used the demo copy to setup my scanner and it expired. It's a nice piece of software.

Thanks again,

Josh

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

Working fine here; the Columbus site has not rebanded yet. Make sure you have the alternate control channel (868.3625) programmed in your scanner.

For good measure, put the rebanded control channels (853.4875 primary, 853.3625 secondary) in your scanners as well, and change the trunking tables appropriately. You can put them in the same bank with no problem.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Working fine here; the Columbus site has not rebanded yet. Make sure you have the alternate control channel (868.3625) programmed in your scanner.

For good measure, put the rebanded control channels (853.4875 primary, 853.3625 secondary) in your scanners as well, and change the trunking tables appropriately. You can put them in the same bank with no problem.

Mike/Tom, will the old system still work with the new tables?

Yes we know that now if you read the whole thread. :)

And ED, I was just being helpful by confirming this "FROM COLUMBUS". Please keep your useless SA comments to yourself.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Mike/Tom, will the old system still work with the new tables?

If you are asking whether the scanner will properly trunk a non-rebanded site with the rebanded trunking tables set, I can tell you that the 6- and 7-line trunking tables listed on the following page have no problem tracking pre- or post-rebanded sites when used on GRE guts.

Custom Band Plans - UtahRadio

I can't speak for the 2-line trunking table listed for Unidens, since I don't own a Uniden and have not tested them.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
If you are asking whether the scanner will properly trunk a non-rebanded site with the rebanded trunking tables set, I can tell you that the 6- and 7-line trunking tables listed on the following page have no problem tracking pre- or post-rebanded sites when used on GRE guts.

I can't speak for the 2-line trunking table listed for Unidens, since I don't own a Uniden and have not tested them.

Mike

It doesn't work on a Uniden BCD996XT.

SCPD

QRT
What exactly doesn't work, Ed? What's the exact procedure you tested that doesn't work? on a Uiden BCD996XT?

Mike

I setup a site as rebanded with the "new" (rebanded) cc and custom tables and also included the "old" (pre-rebanded) cc. It would not work receiving that un-rebanded site (Beachwood).

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I setup a site as rebanded with the "new" (rebanded) cc and custom tables and also included the "old" (pre-rebanded) cc. It would not work receiving that un-rebanded site (Beachwood).

Interesting. I guess it's a good thing that I provided the disclaimer that I can only say it works with a full 7-line trunking table on GRE guts :)

Are you using a 2-line rebanding table on the Uniden or a 7-line rebanding table? I'm not even sure if a 7-line will work on a Uniden because I don't know if it has space for it.

Maybe Uniden users can't do it? Or maybe you just need to use the full 7-line rebanding table.

7-line rebanding table + GRE works fine. Anything else, it's a toss-up. I have no way to test the Uniden scenario.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Well I know nothing of a 7-line rebanding table for Uniden. On the FreeSCAN thing there are only six lines. I found the two line table by accident really with a Google search. I only have one rebanded MARCS site to go - Beachwood - and I have the rebanded site setup so it should swithchover to that whenever they actually reband that site I guess.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Well I know nothing of a 7-line rebanding table for Uniden. On the FreeSCAN thing there are only six lines. I found the two line table by accident really with a Google search. I only have one rebanded MARCS site to go - Beachwood - and I have the rebanded site setup so it should swithchover to that whenever they actually reband that site I guess.

The bandplans I"m referencing can be found here:

No idea if those 6/7-line bandplans can be added into a Uniden or not, or if they will work if they are.

At least for those of us running GRE guts, we were able to monitor uninterrupted.

At this point, it's probably only going to be another week or two and everything will be done. [I have no inside knowledge, just a personal guesstimate]

So shortly all sites will be rebanded and everyone will be happily monitoring once again.

Mike

sadman3

Premium Subscriber
so when we program the custom bands from the link to we add those base Freq or the ones from the site we are programing. sorry doing all this by hand and a little lot. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.