RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Ohio Radio Discussion Forum

Ohio Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Ohio.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 10:12 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Please read my information above. I think we are going to have a tough time scanning this system. 6 Towers all competing will cause the Scanner to just not receive properly. I have unlimited hits on all the channels - just not much audio. When I do get audio - it is very Modulated - and nothing you can understand. I have a great signal on all scanners.

Pro 106 - Rubber Antenna - Doesnt even stop on ANY TG's
Pro 197 - Metal Antenna - Great Signal - Stops on every Hit - but very little audio (10% of time)
996xt - Attic Antenna - NOTHING AT ALL

Mind you I can receive the wilberforce Site fine - and Monitor Clark County FD and SO all day from Fairborn.

Anyone that actually can scan the Simulcast System - please share your location and setup.

All TG's should be in the database now ...

Jason
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2013, 11:20 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

OK this is what I am hearing seems to be quit a bit of traffic today

Beavercreek PD
Beavercreek Fire (some transmissions are garbled)

Fairborn PD

OSP-Wilberforce 03136, 3800, 38816, post 57, post 68

who is 20158?

Updates:

Lots of traffic today on Beavercreek Fire, I think they was doing a fire systems test.
Fairborn and Beavercreek PD both in and out. we can't here but part of the conversation.
Also have some echo and delay when monitoring on two differrent scanners? This is really an issue.
Also my PD buddy says they have to key up a few times sometimes to get out.

20173 - Radio testing

Last edited by wrc1045A; 12-10-2013 at 12:50 PM..
Old 12-10-2013, 1:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

They are on now.
I experimented with different antennas this weekend and the one that works best with little distortion is my 6m/2m/440 base antenna at 30' (not even 800 MHZ). It seems to lower the distortion if the antenna is high. I have a discone but it is only a few feet off the ground and I can't get Wilberforce very well.

I have just been listening mostly to pickup the TGID's. I have a dozen or two unidentified ones that I think will be the rest of Greene County once they transition.
Old 12-10-2013, 2:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Anyone where where all these towers are located?
Old 12-10-2013, 2:57 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Check the FCC application for all the locations:
ULS Application - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked - 0005939254 - GREENE, COUNTY OF

The closest one to me is on the Wright State Library.
Sponsored links

Old 12-10-2013, 5:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

OK I talked to my pd buddy, he said the system has better signal but sounds all garbled sometimes. He said they are still working on it. They have to retransmit several times to get something through. Sometimes there's a bad echo. I guess they use the main tower at WSU on the library. Same as for Beavercreek. I get traffic sometimes on the channels and sometimes I do not. Go figure
Old 12-11-2013, 7:40 AM

Default HP-1 multipath probs?

Took my HP-1 to work with me yesterday (Bellbrook) and had severe reception probs...lots of garbled audio, dropped replies, etc., yet signal strength was high ( 4 bars). Tried moving the radio to different points in the building, no joy...

Yet, at my home, less than 2 miles away, my reception is crystal clear, and matches the audio of what Im hearing out of my duty portable (Harris XG75). I guess the HP-1 is very prone to simulcast/multipath problems as I've read elsewhere, and location can be very hypercritial. Note: This was monitoring Fairborn/Beavercreek PD/FD, with aftermarket duckie antenna on the HP-1.
Old 12-11-2013, 8:08 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Last night and today I have had good luck with the Greene County Marcs IP. Not sure what changed (nothing on my end) but I am getting Fairborn/Beavercreek/Yellow Springs PD/FD. An occasional garbled audio but according to the guys using the system it happens all day long to them. So I guess we would hear the same. He described it as having marbles in their mouths and they have to repeat. I have been noticing Wilberforce and Piqua now coming up on my Pro2096. To be honest my Pro2096 sounds he best and receives the most activity (of legible audio anyways). I just have the oem antennas on them. I live on the Beavercreek Golf course.

Last night I heard Beavercreek doing radio checks. I think someone from the radio vendor was there demonstrating the radios, positions on their gear and what to change is they was having audio issues.
Old 12-18-2013, 6:41 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if WSU, FPD and BPD are all encrypted soon. I know that come Jan scanning here in Warren County will be almost non existent because of encryption. Big push by police agencies to keep their radio traffic protected. The ed is near fr some of us who like listening to our local police and fire departments.
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2013, 7:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPROB00 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if WSU, FPD and BPD are all encrypted soon. I know that come Jan scanning here in Warren County will be almost non existent because of encryption. Big push by police agencies to keep their radio traffic protected. The ed is near fr some of us who like listening to our local police and fire departments.
Right now, the Beavercreek PD Dispatch is in the clear, they do have an OPS channel, 20136, that is encrypted.

I hope they leave the dispatch channels open.
Old 12-23-2013, 7:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Is anyone else with the HP-1 having issue when scanning the full data base it dosn't register that Greene county is now on the MARCS IP system. Only way I can scan it is from my favorites