Fairborn and Beavercreek

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardt0303

Is anybody else finding these depts hit or miss since they switched to the new system? did they encrypt there transmission ? Im using the HP 1

TedRHayes

I've been trying to monitor the Greene Co Simulcast system pretty close, including some time analyzing the system with the HP-1. I haven't seen any indication that they are using encrypted channels. I'm assuming that will come, but the dispatches appear to be in the open.

My experience has shown that the HP-1 is very sensitive to the antenna/antenna path on the 700/800 P25 systems. It appears to need a pretty good signal to decode P25 voice well.

Have also been listening with a BCD996XT and a PSR-800. They are "ok" though I was spoiled by the strong analog signal - I live close enough to the water tank with the Beavercreek PD antenna it would sometimes trigger Close Call!

TedRHayes

For what its worth, I've noticed this morning that Fairborn Fire Dispatch is still broadcasting on 154.4 and TGid 20135 on the new Greene Co Simulcast system.

N8JJ

Premium Subscriber
Beavercreek

I've been monitoring them consistently on 858.8875. The old VHF frequencies are silent.

It has Beavercreek and Fairborn Police and Fire.

I have not found any tactical channels yet

It seems they are using the site at the Wright State Library based on the signal strength.

The FCC says their application was dismissed on 10/23 due to missing data on rebanding. They must have fixed that and the database is out of date.

jasonk

Feed Provider
Beavercreek and Fairborn have completely migrated to the Greene County Simulcast System.

The rest of the County is dispatched through Greene County Communications - and they are tentatively scheduled to switch over on December 10th.

All Fire Dispatch and Talkgroups will remain in the Clear.
All Police Agencies dispatch Channels will be in the Clear.
All Law Enforcement Tactical Channels will be encrypted.

I am in Fairborn and Cannot seem to Trunk the Simulcast System based on the RR Settings. I get occasional hits with my PSR800 and my 996xt.

The simulcast system does not have all channels active yet - so I am hoping things get better after the Full Switch.

If anyone else has better luck - please share your findings here.

Jason Kinley

kascinoh

Beavercreek and Fairborn have completely migrated to the Greene County Simulcast System.

...edited for bandwidth...

If anyone else has better luck - please share your findings here.

Jason Kinley

Jason:

I have the Wilberforce, Greene Co. Simulcast and Dayton sites in my HP-1, and I can receive Beavercreek and Fairborn most satisfactorily at my home QTH in Southern Bellbrook. I could never hear these agencies before on hi-band so this is refreshing for me with their switch to MARCS-IP. Comparing the traffic I hear with my duty radio (Harris XG75) it seems I'm receiving everything...not sure why your 996 and PSR are missing xmissions...

Found out today the "switch" will not probably occur until late next week...13th maybe?

jasonk

Feed Provider
Okay - I can hit Dayton and Wilberforce towers fine ..... I am trying to Trunk the Simulcast system - which is actually a seperate set of channels - 6 Site Simulcast - that will carry ALL Greene County TRS .... But I suspect all the channels have not migrated yet as we are still using some of them on the EDACS System. I will continue to monitor ....

Thanks

Jason

TedRHayes

jasonk

Feed Provider
Thanks for the map ....but I am familiar with the Greene County system - as i said - it is seperate from the Wilberforce Tower - and consists of 6 Sites in Greene County ....

Here is the Page with Details - Greene Co Simulcast Site Details (Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25))

What I'm trying to explain - is this system is not fully operational - or at least does not appear to be. It is being used by Fairborn and Beavercreek independent of the Wilberforce Tower ....sp I thought we would be able to catch all traffic ...but it is spotty at best.

Jason

jasonk

Feed Provider
Fairborn is working a Rollover Crash right now - I hear them fine on my Portable ...but with Wilberforce Site in OPEN SCAN on my 996xt - there is Zero Traffic ....I am picking up Clark County Fire fine ....at same time. So they are definitely operating on the Simulcast System - just not on the Control channel listed,

Jason

jasonk

Feed Provider
This morning I have my Pro-197 programmed for the Greene Simulcast - Control Channel 858.88750

I noticed traffic on my portable - but not on the scanner - so I started moving the Antenna around. I think we are going to have a Multi Path Issue with this system ....all towers competing ....and the current scanners cannot handle it ....My signal jumps all over .....but if I move the metal stock antenna a certain angle - I seem to trunk pretty good - only missing about 20% of traffic. My other scanners are on the Attic Antenna - all with FULL Signal Strength and they sit Silent. A Yagi antenna may have to be used to get good decoding here ....anyone else with any other thoughts or strategies ?

Also - I have most all TG ID's if anyone wants them ....I uploaded to database 10 days ago - but they havent been posted yet ....Just Message Me.

Thanks

Jason

wrc1045A

Premium Subscriber
I am getting some traffic on Beavercreek. I see some Mot IDs that I think are Fairborn. Does anyone have a listing of the new IDs to program in?

N8JJ

Premium Subscriber
On the new Greene County Simulcast system:
Fairborn PD is 20512
Fairborn Fire is 20135
Yellow Springs police is 20164
Beavercreek PD is 20133
Beavercreek Fire is 20119

bigbud42010

Fairborn PD is TGRP 20152 I have heard a fairborn unit call fairborn dispatcher and they use fairborn codes and unit numbers so im pretty sure 20152 is fairborn PD

N8JJ

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, my typo.

FYI Fairborn and Beavercreek are using their tactical conventional freqs since last night. Are they doing the county upgrade or is this a problem?

wrc1045A

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I posted this on another post but
I have a buddy that is an officer for Fairborn PD - they are having issues but they are still using the Marcs IP. I get hardly any traffic on the IP but it is there. They are not transmitting on the old conventional channels according to my buddy. When it works it sounds good across my scanner. I had him send a test and I did not here it and he was within a mile from me at the time. I was mobile on my 396xt

Something is up with it all. What sites are you all programming. I am using the ones that I dl from the Radio Ref site

Status
Not open for further replies.