Cedarville Ohio Police Department frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
GRE PSR-800 (if you can still find one)
One of the new Uniden Home Patrol scanners coming out BCD436 or BCD536.

Or wait to see what Whistler will come out with in 2014.

ddsbstrb

Can the new MARCS IP be monitored with the GRE PSR-500/600 scanners?

I have loaded the new frequencies from RR onto my PSR-600, but, am not hearing much from Greene County. I am located close to Clifton, but still in Clark County.

Thanks.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012

I have loaded the new frequencies from RR onto my PSR-600, but, am not hearing much from Greene County. I am located close to Clifton, but still in Clark County.

Thanks.

Are you able to clearly receive the control channel from Springfield? It may require a 700/800 MHz. antenna.

TedRHayes

Thanks.

You should be able to easily hear the Springfield and Wilberforce 700MHz sites. However, most of the Greene County activity will be heard on the "Greene County Simulcast" system (sub-system?) which is linked to the wider Ohio MARCS-IP system but operates form multiple towers throughout Greene County on 800MHz. One of the towers is just off of Clifton Rd about halfway between 68 & 72, so you should have no issue getting a signal from that tower.

Note: as a simulcast system, all the towers broadcast using the same frequencies, which can lead to multi-path problems in getting good P25 decoding of the control channel and voice channels from many scanners.

Last edited by a moderator:

ddsbstrb

I am sure I have the simulcast freq's loaded into my GRE PSR-600, as I used the RR list and I am sure it contains the very latest freq's for Greene County.

I will have to plug in my computer and check to see if the new control channel has been loaded, along with the other freq's.

I have always been able to receive GC units before, including Cedarville PD, Xenia PD and and GCSO units on my PSR-600. I know the MARCS IP system is quite different. The only MARCS I am currently receiving are CCSO, and OSP Posts from this region, which use the older system.

Thanks for the assistance, as always.

TedRHayes

I am sure I have the simulcast freq's loaded into my GRE PSR-600, as I used the RR list and I am sure it contains the very latest freq's for Greene County.

I will have to plug in my computer and check to see if the new control channel has been loaded, along with the other freq's.

I have always been able to receive GC units before, including Cedarville PD, Xenia PD and and GCSO units on my PSR-600. I know the MARCS IP system is quite different. The only MARCS I am currently receiving are CCSO, and OSP Posts from this region, which use the older system.

Thanks for the assistance, as always.

As a P25 system you should only need to input the control channel frequency, 858.8875 NFM, in to the scanner (I'm assuming the PSR-600 can do cc only scanning, but don't know for sure).

I was looking the the TGRPs in the RRDB and don't see a specific TGRP for the Cedarville PD. If it exists, it hasn't been identified yet.

ddsbstrb

Jake,

FYI, I heard units identifying as Cedarville units on the Greene County Sheriff dispatch channel, 20073.

Ted....I am hearing more and more Greene County traffic on my PSR-600. I have been hearing Beavercreek Fire and the signal is very clear and powerful. Much better than when they were running on VHF.

I have also monitored another GC Fire Department last evening, who had a working a chimney-fire around midnight last evening. Must have been down around Jamestown. I know CFD was called in, probably their tanker for sure. I think I saw Cedarville being dispatched on the old VHF. I think they were dispatched on VHF, when they were on the old EDACs system, also. After units arrived at fire-scene, they switched to TAC-9. Not sure if I heard their traffic, when they switched to 9.

I live right behind the Springfield Airport and monitor the Clark County MARCS system, which has been extremely busy, lately. Probably why I haven't been hearing a lot of Greene Co. traffic.

I still have not heard much from Xenia City. I have started to get more Greene Co. SO last night and today.

reo236

So how does every one have greene co programmed in there radios? I live close to ddsbstrb with in 5 min I rarely hear anything from greene co. Does each 800 freq need to be programed as a site? or all as one site?

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
So how does every one have greene co programmed in there radios? I live close to ddsbstrb with in 5 min I rarely hear anything from greene co. Does each 800 freq need to be programed as a site? or all as one site?

All as one site.

Status
Not open for further replies.