RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Ohio Radio Discussion Forum

Ohio Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Ohio.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 2:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Lake county 396 file?

I got a 396xt a few days ago. Downloaded Free Scan. Downloaded the MARCS IP system to it. I am not picking up anything. Screen shows it is scanning the IP system and the others but not hearing anything. NFM shows up. Can anyone give me any advice? Been looking for info online and im just not getting it working. Thanks

John
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2014, 3:44 PM

I can't hear any of the actual Lake county sites but get a LOT of Lake co. traffic off affiliation with Cuyhoga co. sites.

Can you actually hear any Lake co. control freqs?

~~~
Do you hear anything at all? NOAA WX? Service Search?
If you are getting the control channel in the system try scanning in SEARCH mode.
I don't have a 396 BTW so I can't help there. If you got the correct data from the database here you should be ok.
Don't know where you are located. If you are west in Lake county you might try programming in the Cuyahoga freqs to see if that works.

Last edited by Ed_Azalea; 01-12-2014 at 3:59 PM.. Reason: more info
Old 01-12-2014, 6:50 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8rak View Post
I got a 396xt a few days ago. Downloaded Free Scan. Downloaded the MARCS IP system to it. I am not picking up anything. Screen shows it is scanning the IP system and the others but not hearing anything. NFM shows up. Can anyone give me any advice? Been looking for info online and im just not getting it working. Thanks

John
I'm not familiar with the 396xt, but ....

"Downloaded the MARCS IP system to it" from WHERE? Did you use the current RRDB? Are you sure you downloaded the P25 system? (Did you maybe download the OLD Lake County system instead?) Do the control channel freqs in your scanner match the RRDB info?

Other than that, I dunno. Since you live in Lake county, you should be able to hear it.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:58 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Assuming you used the "IMPORT" tool in freescan, you have to make sure you import BOTH the proper sites AND the talkgroups that you want to listen to. Freescan will only import a certain number, then you have to begin a new system, you may have tried "Select All" and not gotten everything because it reached it's data limit. Send me a PM with your email and I will email you my freescan file for you to look at.
Old 01-13-2014, 2:16 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks for replying. Yes I used the import tool. I imported the lake county geauga and Cuyahoga control sites. Did hear plenty of traffic off the Cuyahoga IP system so I'm thinking it had to be my Lake IP system settings.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk
Sponsored links