Lake county 396 file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8rak

I got a 396xt a few days ago. Downloaded Free Scan. Downloaded the MARCS IP system to it. I am not picking up anything. Screen shows it is scanning the IP system and the others but not hearing anything. NFM shows up. Can anyone give me any advice? Been looking for info online and im just not getting it working. Thanks

John

SCPD

QRT
I can't hear any of the actual Lake county sites but get a LOT of Lake co. traffic off affiliation with Cuyhoga co. sites.

Can you actually hear any Lake co. control freqs?

~~~
Do you hear anything at all? NOAA WX? Service Search?
If you are getting the control channel in the system try scanning in SEARCH mode.
I don't have a 396 BTW so I can't help there. If you got the correct data from the database here you should be ok.
Don't know where you are located. If you are west in Lake county you might try programming in the Cuyahoga freqs to see if that works.

Last edited:

LZ56

Premium Subscriber
I got a 396xt a few days ago. Downloaded Free Scan. Downloaded the MARCS IP system to it. I am not picking up anything. Screen shows it is scanning the IP system and the others but not hearing anything. NFM shows up. Can anyone give me any advice? Been looking for info online and im just not getting it working. Thanks

John

I'm not familiar with the 396xt, but ....

"Downloaded the MARCS IP system to it" from WHERE? Did you use the current RRDB? Are you sure you downloaded the P25 system? (Did you maybe download the OLD Lake County system instead?) Do the control channel freqs in your scanner match the RRDB info?

Other than that, I dunno. Since you live in Lake county, you should be able to hear it.

jpadley85

Assuming you used the "IMPORT" tool in freescan, you have to make sure you import BOTH the proper sites AND the talkgroups that you want to listen to. Freescan will only import a certain number, then you have to begin a new system, you may have tried "Select All" and not gotten everything because it reached it's data limit. Send me a PM with your email and I will email you my freescan file for you to look at.

kc8rak

Thanks for replying. Yes I used the import tool. I imported the lake county geauga and Cuyahoga control sites. Did hear plenty of traffic off the Cuyahoga IP system so I'm thinking it had to be my Lake IP system settings.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.