RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Ohio Radio Discussion Forum

Ohio Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Ohio.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 7:03 PM

Default NWORPS is it a LSM system

Will become one if not with the upgraded computer dispatch??
Sponsored links
Old 06-17-2014, 9:35 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Umm... what?
Old 06-17-2014, 11:43 PM

The north west Ohio regional public safety system is it a linear simulcast modulation??
With the new Lucas county computer dispatch system upgrade are they going to LSM??
Old 06-18-2014, 12:13 PM
Technischer Guru
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3434 View Post
The north west Ohio regional public safety system is it a linear simulcast modulation?? With the new Lucas county computer dispatch system upgrade are they going to LSM??
Yes, the system is already LSM (also known as CQPSK on the discussion forums). CAD has nothing to do with it.
www.wa8pyr.info
If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 06-18-2014, 8:03 PM

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 06-20-2014, 12:26 PM

Supposed to be a nice system, but they are having issues with it from what I hear on the air. I generally monitor Maumee traffic 24/7. PD cars are randomly disappearing off the system or transforming themselves into Toledo and County sheriff units. There has been a lot of calls to the 911 office trying to figure this thing out.
Old 06-20-2014, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmaumee View Post
Supposed to be a nice system, but they are having issues with it from what I hear on the air. I generally monitor Maumee traffic 24/7. PD cars are randomly disappearing off the system or transforming themselves into Toledo and County sheriff units. There has been a lot of calls to the 911 office trying to figure this thing out.
I assume you are talking about the new CAD system that went online and not the radio system.

As for the CAD system, I have spoke with officers and they do not like it. The CAD system has been nothing but trouble for Lucas County. It has been delayed for almost two years because of issues. Apparently the issues have not been solved.
Old 06-20-2014, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpd845 View Post
I assume you are talking about the new CAD system that went online and not the radio system.

As for the CAD system, I have spoke with officers and they do not like it. The CAD system has been nothing but trouble for Lucas County. It has been delayed for almost two years because of issues. Apparently the issues have not been solved.
Should have been a little more specific and referred to the CAD system. You can hear the officers excitement over using the new system on air when it tells them they are still logged on a call from an hour ago across town. Wonder how long until an officer gets fed up and shoots the MDT.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:45 AM

The best was when one of the TriTech (new CAD vendor) techs said to me, "There's no such thing as a good CAD system...it's more of which system sucks the least." I figured that's a good mantra to have...just be slightly better than the competition, and forget about doing things correctly. Smh.
Sponsored links
Old 06-23-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpd438 View Post
The best was when one of the TriTech (new CAD vendor) techs said to me, "There's no such thing as a good CAD system...it's more of which system sucks the least." I figured that's a good mantra to have...just be slightly better than the competition, and forget about doing things correctly. Smh.
I work in the automotive aftermarket ... had a few outside sales reps tell me "our product sucks, buy the other guy" before .. lol
Old 07-11-2014, 4:08 PM

Almost 30 days on the new CAD system, and still having major issues with stability of the system overall. Funny to hear some of these dispatchers turn into tech support for the crews in the field, having them try all these different tricks before they call the central 911 office for help.

At what point do you tell the vendor that you have spent all this money for a product and they have a dud that works 50% of the time if they are lucky?
Old 08-17-2014, 5:28 AM

Sounds like the new CAD system is starting to work a little better!!
Old 08-18-2014, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Sounds like the new CAD system is starting to work a little better!!
Potentially .. 911 repair man has only been out to Maumee on service calls three times in the last week. Wait til the new cars come in and they have to rip everything out of the Chargers to go into the new Ford SUVs.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:49 AM

They are updating the software for the CAD system . See how that works out?
Old 08-20-2014, 1:34 PM

Quote:
They are updating the software for the CAD system . See how that works out?
More than likely in the works or already done. Dispatcher was telling officer his morning at an accident scene about "trying a new command", only to kick everyone off the system.
Sponsored links