New MARCS P-25 Westcom TalkGroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swipesy

Maybe it is me but the new Westcom TalkGroups posted today in the Database make no sense to me as to the numbering. Is there no rhyme or reason as to how TalkGroup numbers are assigned in the System? Most of these new TalkGroups are no where near other WestCom TalkGroup numbers. Can someone enlighten me?

13514 34ca D XWestCom3 Westcom Fire 3* Fire-Tac*
13564 34fc D X18FDStaging WestCom, Eastcom, Hillcrest Region North FD Staging* Fire-Talk*
14208 3780 D XWestcomHM Westcom HAZ-MAT* Fire-Tac*
14211 3783 D XWestcomRIT Westcom RIT* Fire-Tac*
54691 d5a3 D XWestcomFG Westcom Fireground* Fire-Tac*
54712 d5b8 D XWestcomPIO Westcom PIO-FR* Fire-Tac*

John

SCPD

QRT
Well the 135xx are, but the others are kinda esoteric. But I've seen changes like that in the Summit County system

Swipesy

Well the 135xx are, but the others are kinda esoteric. But I've seen changes like that in the Summit County system

Yes but there were plenty of numbers in the 135xx that were closer to existing Westcom numbers then what was used. Maybe they need to hire a retired CPA/CFO (hint, hint) that knows how to setup General Ledgers and number Chart of Accounts, lol.

Fire Staging

13564 34fc D X18FDStaging WestCom, Eastcom, Hillcrest Region North FD Staging* Fire-Talk*

This TalkGroup is NOT used by WESTCOM FIRE I did RE-SUBMIT the correction.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Is the 13564 TG alpha description correct ? Westcom / EastCom Staging ?
Westcom / Eastcom are different dispatch agencies .. that dont seem to have an affiliation.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Maybe it is me but the new Westcom TalkGroups posted today in the Database make no sense to me as to the numbering. Is there no rhyme or reason as to how TalkGroup numbers are assigned in the System?

Unless it's a defined talkgroup range allocated to and administered by a county or municipal partner (like Franklin County or Warren County, etc), not particularly.

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
Maybe this should be "Heights/Hillcrest Staging"? That is what this area is called for the Regional MABAS. ...or "FD Staging East"?

Shaker Heights is one of the Municipalities that EastCom dispatches for so to list them both is redundant.

Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.