New HP-2 Trying to Monitor Delaware County COIRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksaul1

I am trying to monitor Dublin PD and Washington Twp Fire on Coirs Delaware county.
Seem to Pick up Hilliard, Powell, Delaware County Sheriff ok, but not much out of Dublin Police. Dublin, are they encrypted or blocked somehow?
Also I want to hear Concord Twp Fire Specifically and Shawnee Hills Police but I am not getting anything of them either.

Any tips on set up would be appreciated.

jasonhouk

Create a favorites list in Sentinel with only the agencies you want to hear then upload to the scanner. I don't believe off the top of my head that any channels are encrypted.

Your just missing the traffic because the other talk groups are more active.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to monitor Dublin PD and Washington Twp Fire on Coirs Delaware county.
Seem to Pick up Hilliard, Powell, Delaware County Sheriff ok, but not much out of Dublin Police. Dublin, are they encrypted or blocked somehow?
Also I want to hear Concord Twp Fire Specifically and Shawnee Hills Police but I am not getting anything of them either.

I replied in your other posts also - make sure all the needed service types are on - true even with a favorite.

ksaul1

I pick them up fine on my HP-II when near/in the area and most of the time in Grove City. There are no encrypted groups on COIRS.

Some agencies just use their radios more than others.

This makes sense. Seems like in the Dublin area i always see the police driving around with a cell phone stuck to their head or typing on their PCs.

Thanks for the responses guys I'll keep working with it.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber

Concord Township is dispatched by DELCOMM on the "County Fire/EMS" talkgroup. Their unit numbers are the 340 series.

Shawnee Hills PD is rarely on the radio since it's a tiny jurisdiction, but they are dispatched off the "Local Law Enforcement" talkgroup, and their units are in the 100 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.