Where is Xenia PD and Greene Cnty. Sherif freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcf

I will be receiving my new BCD436HP scanner Monday.

Looking ahead when I will program it I was looking though the database for Greene county and I did not see anything listed for the Xenia PD and the Greene County Sheriff.

Can someone please tell me where they are?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
If you set your location by your zip code it will scan the MARCS-IP system. There is a lot there though so I recommend creating Favorites Lists with the Sentinel software which will make it easier to control what you want to listen to.

The police and sheriff dispatch talkgroups are not encrypted but most of the tactical, jail, and operations channels are. Go to the link n5ims posted and scroll down to Greene County. An "E" in the mode column will indicate what you won't be able to listen too.

I travel to Wright-Pat quite a bit and the BCD436HP does very well on this system.

Last edited:

jackcf

If you set your location by your zip code it will scan the MARCS-IP system. There is a lot there though so I recommend creating Favorites Lists with the Sentinel software which will make it easier to control what you want to listen to.

The police and sheriff dispatch talkgroups are not encrypted but most of the tactical, jail, and operations channels are. Go to the link n5ims posted and scroll down to Greene County. An "E" in the mode column will indicate what you won't be able to listen too.

I travel to Wright-Pat quite a bit and the BCD436HP does very well on this system.

I received the scanner today and the DB is two years old. I spent the whole evening playing with it and I was able to get the Montgomery Co. stuff working which is not on that P25 system like Greene Co. is.

I'm not able to run the Sentinel program because I don't have a Windows computer. So, until I can get access to one I need to do this on the unit itself. I just can't figure out what information I need to enter and the information in the RRDB assumes you have some knowledge of the terminology and the way it's organized I'm confused as what I am supposed to enter.

BTW I'm about a 5 minute drive from WPAFB.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Well Greene County hasn't been on MARCS-IP for two years so you will need to get the DB updated to a current version in order to hear them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

jackcf

Well Greene County hasn't been on MARCS-IP for two years so you will need to get the DB updated to a current version in order to hear them.

I know that that's why I'm trying to enter it manually from the information on the website. I need to do this because I am unable to run the Sentinel software.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Just input the CC's into the system you create and the scanner should start picking up on talkgroups.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Look under MARCS-IP Greene County Simulcast where it lists all the current sites at near the top of the page.

jackcf

Yes

I got it working. My main issue turned out to be that the channels were being assigned to the Custom 0 selection list and that was turned off.

What are the talk groups for the state troopers?

Thanks for the tips.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
The State Patrol is still on the old MARCS system which has it's own page.

Status
Not open for further replies.