Akron / Summit

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Norton Fire & Police now beginning operating on the Akron / Summit System .. see the database for TG ID's. They are in process of changing radios in the units .. most Police units have switched, most Fire Units still on old frequency, but dispatch is on 800.

TRI-COM (Tallmadge) switch to 800 should be very soon and rumor has it South Summit (Green) will follow. Keep checking for updates.

STUBBLEFIELD

what is taking tricom so long to switch over ???????

i know for a fact that they have a had there radios in for a while now . what company is duing the install . do you know what radios they will be using ????????

KWs

Premium Subscriber
They had some bad hand helds .. had to send back to Motorola.
Installation of radio in units & at Tallmadge Dispatch Center scheduled for completion by 03/31 ... last rumor I heard.

BillB

Tallmadge Officially on 800Mhz

Around 7:00am this morning the Tallmadge Dispatcher announced that starting today,
all Tallmadge PD & FD communications are to take place on 800Mhz except for Tallmadge
Aux PD.

Bill

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Just a quick note. I'll be tracking audio on this one for a while. I've already heard Mogadore PD on 37392 (submitted) calling it Tac1.

I also just caught and submitted 35888 as Mogadore PD Talkaround. This was based on a quick "413 to 417 on Talk Mogadore". I suspect these guys are still trying to learn how to use the radios and he just didn't know how to interpret the display tag. I logged that one with a (?) so we can confirm it.

Lastly, 49712 needs to be corrected. I think it the "Service Common" off the old analog system. While I understand that you can hear the dog warden there, the dog warden is part of Customer Service. 49712 also has others (like Street and Traffic Engineering). This channel is mostly active off normal city hours. I've heard them call in to "APD Service". Keep this one open for change.

Frank

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
South Summit testing ??

Quick update:

I've been (as always) listening in search mode today. I've heard some traffic on 36976. Heard 100s unit numbers (possible Springfield PD Lt). I just heard a 901 unit number. That's definitely Springfield Twp PD. Sounds like South Summit (Green, Springfield, Lakemore, Coventry, Franklin) are ready to move.

Here's the odd thing. Tallmadge and Mogadore did a ton of individual radio testing before the move. This is the first I've heard anything on this TG. On the flip side, Valley FD did like no testing.

Frank

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I've got several confirmations that all of South Summit will be joining the digital system. I can confirm that Coventry, Lakemore, and Springfield will be.

Listening to new users is quite comical. I'm listening to two Springfield cops carrying on a conversation with each other over two channels they are both calling "B". They are obviously in scan mode and keying different TGs. The reference to "B" is probably a hold-over from the current radios.

Einstein

Talkgroups

Since Springfield Twp., Lakemore, have gone over to the Akron digital system does anybody have their talkgroups? Also this leaves Franklin Twp. the only one on the old South Summit system I think, Any word if and when they will be switching?

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Sure. They just moved over and we have every TG they use. Come on. Get real. As with any change, it will take time.

I've got some audio on two TGs, but can't figure it out yet. I didn't hear any Lakemore. I know the PD TGs on the old system were completely silent last night. The weird thing is I haven't actually heard a call dispatched. I've cleared the logs and recorded audio, in case last night was some kind of transition.

None of the FDs have moved. Nor has Franklin.

Einstein

Sometimes it doesn't take that long. Knowing how Springfield likes to use the alternate channels, maybe sooner than you think. I did hear Lakemore dispatched on the SO's main dispatch channel last night.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Having Springfield and Lakemore PD on S DSP1 does make some sense. The SO does dispatch them. I imagine it will be a little odd, since we've always thought of that TG as a sheriff-only channel. I've added the SO TGs to the recording to see what I find.

Einstein

I think that Springfield will get a lilltle bit impatient because now they have to share the dispatcher with the sheriff patrol cars also, and any other traffic.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Actually, that is probably not a "good" name for it. "B" is just the position and can be different on each radio. Names are better. I'm listening to recorded audio. "Are you on PD OPS or PD PRIVATE? PD OPS". THen a few minutes later they were calling it PD PRIVATE.

Also hearing traffic on 36976. Heard them call this PRIVATE. Confirmed 4 times today.

So, I think what we have is:
32016 SO DISPATCH 1 (now includes Springfield and Lakemore PD)
36848 SPRINGFIELD PD OPS
36976 SPRINGFIELD PD PRIVATE

Einstein

Talk Groups

I think Lakemore is slacking off today. Not much traffic. Still waiting to hear them on their talkabout channels.

map32

I'm sad that I can no longer hear so many departments. I gues I should get with the times and get a scanner that I can use. But anyway, I can still here tallmadge FD being paged out and they went mutual aid to Kent a few hours ago, so they do have the ability to come to Portage County 2.

xusmarine1979

fpo701 said:
I've got several confirmations that all of South Summit will be joining the digital system. I can confirm that Coventry, Lakemore, and Springfield will be.

Listening to new users is quite comical. I'm listening to two Springfield cops carrying on a conversation with each other over two channels they are both calling "B". They are obviously in scan mode and keying different TGs. The reference to "B" is probably a hold-over from the current radios.

I heard that as well.

Einstein

Springfield/Lakemore

I think its confirmed. Springfield TG's

36848 South OPS

36976 Channel B

Also heard Lakemore on their possible TA. 32144.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Status
Not open for further replies.