Any idea who this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky43113

I'm in Pickaway county they have been talking all day but not sure who they are they have been watching certain vehicles but they do not sound like any law enforcement

This is the info i got from RR database
54508 d4ec D XLECOMM-3 Local Event Communications 3 Interop

fyrfyter33

XLECOMM-3 is a Statewide interop talk group on the MARCS system. If you have a newer radio, like an APX, you likely have this TG on it. It's coordinated by the state, when needed for use.

fyrfyter33

Thanks i have a 996p2

I meant an actual communications radio on the MARCS system.

I have an APX6000, that can access this. It's one of many statewide interop talk groups on the MARCS system.

It is designed so that in a major emergency, like an EMAC response, my radio from a county in SW OH will work anywhere in the state, without any need for reprogramming or changing. It is also capable of using the NIFOG national talk groups, for inter-state responses.

Hope that helps explain things.

lucky43113

I meant an actual communications radio on the MARCS system.

I have an APX6000, that can access this. It's one of many statewide interop talk groups on the MARCS system.

It is designed so that in a major emergency, like an EMAC response, my radio from a county in SW OH will work anywhere in the state, without any need for reprogramming or changing. It is also capable of using the NIFOG national talk groups, for inter-state responses.

Hope that helps explain things.

Thanks for the explanation

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
XLECOMM-3 is a Statewide interop talk group on the MARCS system. If you have a newer radio, like an APX, you likely have this TG on it. It's coordinated by the state, when needed for use.

Actually, only use of the XECOMM talkgroups is coordinated by the state. The XLECOM talkgroups are available by merely saying "is this talkgroup in use" and if there's no answer, away you go. Of course, your local policy may vary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.