RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Ohio Radio Discussion Forum

Ohio Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Ohio.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2017, 6:44 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thank you so much! I will try this evening. I may need to ask more questions. Sorry in advance!
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2017, 1:06 PM

Default Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdalgleish View Post
I'm new to this whole scanner thing, and I don't know the proper scanner lingo. So I apoloize in advance. I have a quick question, and I'm hoping someone can help. I have an old uniden scanner that I used to be able to hear EPD. I can't get them anymore on the uniden scanner. I recently read that they switched to digital so I bought a Whistler WS1065 digital scanner. I can't find any Lorain County police stations using the WIN500 software. So now I am at a complete loss. Any help would be so much appreciated. Thank you
For EPD, Lorain SO, Amherst PD & Lorain PD all use Vhf conventional P25, just make sure the Vhf freqs are in P25 Mode under conventional settings. To hear OSP you will need to setup MARCS using the Elyria site in P25 trunking mode.

Mike
Old 12-07-2017, 12:28 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSCAN View Post
For EPD, Lorain SO, Amherst PD & Lorain PD all use Vhf conventional P25, just make sure the Vhf freqs are in P25 Mode under conventional settings. To hear OSP you will need to setup MARCS using the Elyria site in P25 trunking mode.

Mike
Hey, Mike. There is no P-25 mode on that scanner. The frequencies are put in as conventional, with either AUTO, NFM. To search for NAC, enable NAC under squelch setting. I monitor GA DNR and Georgia State Police this way on multiple radios.
One being a RS Pro-197. The older brother of the WS1065.
Now, when tracking P-25 trunk systems, the wise way to go is P-25 AUTO. Especially on MARCS.
At least, that's how my scanners are set when back up north.
Unfortunately, it's starting to feel like Cleveland in December here in the southeast
Larry
Old 12-07-2017, 1:55 PM

Hey Larry

Getting flurries today but its cold, got spoiled past few years with GA like winter temps, only had to do the driveway a couple times last year.
Old 12-07-2017, 5:45 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I have not had much time to listen lately. But I did verify tonight that Chronic is correct they are back on 7300 for dispatch. I did resubmit
Old 12-08-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic View Post
EPD Dispatch has now been moved back to the repeater frequency 155.7300 P25
and 155.1900 P25 is being referred to as Channel 3
The latest database update is still wrong.

155.73000 158.91000 KQA377 RM 293 NAC ELYRIA PDISP Elyria PD Dispatch P25 Deprecated

this is the current and active Main EPD Dispatch .
Old 12-08-2017, 12:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

It was submitted correctly looks like a mistake in selecting the deprecated one. The analog frequency should have been deprecated. Since I cannot edit the closed ticket I will just re-submit and see if it gets fixed.