MEC Center now Dispatching for Violet Twp Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
mmartinfan said:
In case anyone did not notice MEC Center is now dispatching for Violet Twp (Pick-town) Fire Department.

So the TWV talkgroup is now just "TW", lol. Is it a temporary thing, or is this permanent?

mmartinfan

Banned
TWV, yes its TW now. Three months from now it could be W and six months it could be gone altogeter.

15 Violet is still there it will be used as a patch if needbe for Ch-591 & Ch-592 (long story)

14 MEC is where Mifflin, Plain, Jefferson and now Violet are dispatched from. Yes they still are on te FCCA

wdz

That seems kind of interesting. All the other departments they dispatch for make sense, because they closely border miflin's area but Pickerington is way out there.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
wdz said:
That seems kind of interesting. All the other departments they dispatch for make sense, because they closely border miflin's area but Pickerington is way out there.
Exactly what I was thinking. So eventually Whitehall, and Truro are moving to MEC dispatch also?

mmartinfan

Banned
Its all economics boys and girls. Geography does not make a difference. Whitehall and Truro could be. There is some other stuff hanging up the deal. But we will let the powers at be take care of that.

FPO703

Kevin, maybe we should ask one of those 'powers that be' ourselves and see if they can shed any light on things.

medic611

Violet has been unhappy with pickerington police for a while . Whitehall is awaiting all its cad to be placed in MEC along with Truro. Violet is still keeping UHF for fairfield county, unsure if a UHF radio will ever be placed in MEC. I know the rest of us will enjoy not hearing violet be toned out all the time on UHF

FPO703

Will 15 TWV, 15 Violet, 15 White, & 15 Truro be absorbed in to the MEC Center 'band plan' of talkgroups like the old Jefferson, Plain, etc... TGs were?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
FPO703 said:
Will 15 TWV, 15 Violet, 15 White, & 15 Truro be absorbed in to the MEC Center 'band plan' of talkgroups like the old Jefferson, Plain, etc... TGs were?

Unknown at this time. It would require a major rework of the countywide fire radio template.

Slawterr

Just a small update. Just a smidge. MEC just tested the PA at Truro 161's. Looks like the ball is rolling. :) I'll post again if I hear them dispatch.

Also, I was thinking of what kind technical problems could appear adding Violet and Truro since MEC uses the old Jefferson UHF frequency for PA control. Anyone want to satisfy my need for details? :D

Update: Just heard some chatter, sounds like MEC is going to be taking over dispatching at 1pm today(7/14). :)

Last edited:

FPO703

Why would Grandview go? I'm waiting for their FD to be absorbed into one of the neighboring FDs or in to Columbus.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
FPO703 said:
Why would Grandview go? I'm waiting for their FD to be absorbed into one of the neighboring FDs or in to Columbus.
Well I believe Grandview and Worthington are the only FDs in Franklin County that are still not using the FCCA Trunking system.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Slawterr said:
Just a small update. Just a smidge. MEC just tested the PA at Truro 161's. Looks like the ball is rolling. :) I'll post again if I hear them dispatch.

The PA has been in place at Truro for quite some time, for mutual aid purposes up to now.

Also, I was thinking of what kind technical problems could appear adding Violet and Truro since MEC uses the old Jefferson UHF frequency for PA control. Anyone want to satisfy my need for details?

What technical issues? The channel is data only unless they changed something very recently, with MEC CENTER used for voice. BTW, MEC uses the former Plain Twp VHF frequency, not Jefferson's VHF frequency, which is now used by Jefferson Twp road maintenance. They never had a UHF channel to my knowledge.

Tom WA8PYR

Status
Not open for further replies.