Another storm and Skywarn

Status
Not open for further replies.

wabc770

Premium Subscriber
Tis another stormy day across the Buckeye State....and my Skywarn frequencies are hopping...

While I appreciate the usefulness of Skywarn and the sincerity of its participants....

...if you're one of the good souls who are passing traffic about 'wall clouds' and 'rotation'
EVERY BLESSED TIME IT RAINS....God bless you for trying to help...but...please.....

....take additional spotter training and don't key up the mic until you've done so.

Thank you for your time.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Ah, I can tell you listen to the same guys I do. I love the fact that they mention a directed net and they want specific things ONLY. Then, some guy comes in and says "It's just startes to sprinkle here and no winds."

Did you not hear them say they only want reports of winds in excess of 35 mph, hail, funnel clouds, etc.?

rcvmo

I love it when we;re in A Cndition red and hear, "uhhhhhhhhh, this is KB8?????? the grass is green and the sky is blue here in?" WHAT DO YOUR MEAN YOU WON'T TAKE MY REPORT? I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT I'M THE BROTHER OF MY SISTER IN LAW THAT HAD A GRADNFATHER THAT USED TO WORK FOR THE NWS WHILE HE WAS IN THE SERVICE."
Hats off to the rest that brave the elements and report what they see in the sky.
rcvmo

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
As a ham and trained storm spotter this has been a sore spot with me for years.
Its nice that other hams want to particpate, I understand that. BUT if you have
nothing to report that matches the criteria that the NWS is looking for
(3/4 inch hail, winds more than 50 mph, rain more than a inch per hour or
God forbid an actual funnel........THEN DON"T KEY UP YOUR RADIO!!

Guys, this has been going on for all of the 20 years I have been a ham,
and I don't see any way to stop it. Its going to happen, all we can do
is keep preaching the message "If not experiencing the severe weather, keep quiet!".

Sorry, just had to rant on that subject.

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how many times I've heard the dredded "stuck mic". You get to hear the guy drive around in hail and talking on the cell phone.How about a classic lightning report?

Status
Not open for further replies.